Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 134609 times)

egamma

(Yes, I'm way behind. I'll make all my commends in one post.)

At the same time, the local forums have definitely influenced me IC. I hate D'Harans because of the forums and like Niselur. My feelings have definetly changed towards individual players too (though this is more from IRC than anyrthing else)

This is exactly why the locals needed to go. Your character has no IC reason for hating D'Hara, but it sounds like you play your character that way anyways. That sort of opinion should be developed IC.

=======

Quote from: Vita
On the matter of Magistrate publicity, I think the process of the decision should be private, but the initial complaint and the verdict public.

You mean, exactly the way it is set up right now? The Magistrates do have a private forum where they discuss cases.

I would like to see Magistrates not commenting on a case in the public forum, other than asking for information and posting the verict. I see way too many Magistrates posting their opinions in the public forum, that should be in the private side of things. It's unprofessional, for lack of a better word, and detrimental to the system.

=====

Also, I put the RP forum on ignore, out of a lack of personal interest. But we've never had to moderate any of the posts, so I don't think the RP forum is doing much to damage the game.

Perhaps a rule that people have to RP the event in-game, and not simply on the forums, would be appropriate. Make it a place to copy role-plays for posterity.

=====

Closing down locals is stupid, one of the reasons I decided to play this game was because of the interesting talks and politicking I read reading the Dwilight local. Now I will have absolutely nooooo idea what is going on with the war in the north, or pretty much anywhere at all except in my own realm. This is a pretty dissapointing move and will probably have a negative impact on player attraction and retention.

You can now send your character to the north to gather that information first hand. Again, an example of OOC information reducing the lack of IC motivation to act.

======

IRC: no opinion.

======

Wiki: it's hard to use (although I've done plenty of pages and edits). Newspapers in particular represent a fair amount of work. It would be nice if there was an easier way to do a newspaper. I know Indirik started working on something with the Tattlemaster but never got it finished. I miss the Tattlemaster.

======

Well, I've seen times when events are being discussed IC in-game, and when I've looked in on the Locals in the forum I've seen the players of characters who've been completely silent in-game have posted something about those same events on the forum. To be totally fair, that hasn't happened many times but I have been left wondering why comment on it in the Locals when you've been silent in-game?

But simple activity level isn't entirely what I meant. Part of the thing with the Locals is that they reduce the need to interact IC to find information.

Agree completely. Characters should find out information first, not players.