Author Topic: stopping ForumMaster from destroying BattleMaster  (Read 134303 times)

egamma

Silverfire,
It sounds like you are far from being the typical BattleMaster player. It sounds like you are an outstanding player, at least in terms of the time you spend devoted to the game. And the amount of time you spend on the forums doesn't seem to detract from your game.

But for your more typical player--say someone who spends an hour between the game and the forums--it would make a HUGE difference if they spent that entire hour writing letters instead of spending 30 minutes in the game and 30 minutes on the forum. Imagine what battlemaster would be like if all the effort put into the forums, went in the game. Think about all the interesting plots, religions, etc, that would spring from having that energy redirected. I simply don't have "time" to play the game much because of the time I spend on the forum; and that's bad for the game. My characters are far too quiet. I even have an open character slot because I didn't want to split my "30 minutes" between 4 characters anymore. The people I play with deserve that, at least.

I say we give the lack of local forums a shot. We can always bring back the islands if we need to.

If you are waiting for replies, why not work on the wiki? There's always work to be done; just pick a topic in the helpline forum and make sure that it's on the wiki. If you want to post a link to the new/corrected wiki page in the helpline topic, I can even lock the topic after the wiki is updated to help you keep track of what you've added to the wiki.