Author Topic: Worth an OOC ban?  (Read 15396 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: Worth an OOC ban?
« Reply #15: May 04, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »
Deport him, just out of spite.

Sounds good! :D Send him back to where he came from ;)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 04, 2011, 09:03:47 PM »
can't you like chop a leg off before you deport?
firefox

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 05, 2011, 08:18:49 AM »
Heh.  The guy's now claiming that he's been trying to get himself executed for a while (and evidently been frustrated that everyone keeps deporting him).  So, basically, suicide by Judge, and he'd gotten wind that Arcaea did not at all mind executing people.

If could be reverse psychology, he may actually be convincing you not to kill him :P
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 05, 2011, 08:32:05 AM »
If could be reverse psychology, he may actually be convincing you not to kill him :P

Apparently the Judge agreed with that assessment, and had him executed.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 06, 2011, 06:42:47 PM »
Deport him, just out of spite.

Too bad, because this would have been much funnier if he wasn't lying.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 18, 2011, 01:35:52 AM »
Apparently the Judge agreed with that assessment, and had him executed.

Did you torture him beforehand?  Please tell me you did.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 18, 2011, 03:26:01 AM »
If he did, he was very quiet about it.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 18, 2011, 05:21:35 AM »
Unlike our northern neighbors, Arcaea does not resort to torture for any reason. If our Judge was found to be committing such acts I fear we would have to dispose of her.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 18, 2011, 05:36:55 AM »
So you'd rather OOC ban someone than actually play it out IC and torture the fool?  :o

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 18, 2011, 06:39:23 AM »
We did play it out IC.  I said (and still think) that it's tacky, but no OOC actions were taken and he was executed.  End of story.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 18, 2011, 07:05:14 AM »
Deposing judges, or even getting them to obey, is actually harder then you might think.

Maybe that's just us.  I'd say something, but as the route from disobedient judge to despot is a well travelled one in Arcachon I'll instead wipe a proud tear knowing that when Ciann gets offed or deposed whomever takes her place (if there's still an Arcachon) is probably going to be a lunatic.  A different kind of lunatic, but still down with the madness and the fear and the torture.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: May 18, 2011, 07:08:47 AM »
Getting rid of a Judge is not done lightly, but if the Judge tortured someone in Arcaea (and this was given as opposed to disputed) then the Judge would be out very, very quickly.  Jenred would call for protests and the realm would do it, and one of the infiltrators would take them down if they didn't go quietly.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 18, 2011, 07:43:57 AM »
Well, Jenred has control of his realm.  To my count that makes him the only Northern ruler who can make that claim.

James, Jospeh, and Ciann have lots of theoretical power (oaky, Joseph doesn't even have theoretical power) but actually wielding it is problematic.  To steal the line from yes Prime Minister "I fought my whole life to have the power of the Prime Minister only to discover that once I'm the Prime Minister I don't have any power!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: May 18, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »
...(oaky, Joseph doesn't even have theoretical power) but actually wielding it is problematic.  To steal the line from yes Prime Minister "I fought my whole life to have the power of the Prime Minister only to discover that once I'm the Prime Minister I don't have any power!"

Republics suck.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: May 18, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »
Deposing judges, or even getting them to obey, is actually harder then you might think.

Maybe that's just us.  I'd say something, but as the route from disobedient judge to despot is a well travelled one in Arcachon I'll instead wipe a proud tear knowing that when Ciann gets offed or deposed whomever takes her place (if there's still an Arcachon) is probably going to be a lunatic.  A different kind of lunatic, but still down with the madness and the fear and the torture.

Indeed.

You bet Ortisia is going to torture and execute whoever tried to assassin her dear Ciann. The interesting part is that Ciann is sort of replacing the figure of Hei Bakos in Ortisia's life story.   So I'm kind of hoping that Ryuutarou Bakos attempts to kill Ciann, as I'm still unsure as how Ortisia's loyalties will play in that case. 

Yay for lunacy! But even as a realm of lunatics we are more functional than Ohnar West. 

And we've got so off-topic this probably needs to be split into a new thread...