Author Topic: Changing Government style  (Read 2386 times)

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Changing Government style
« Topic Start: September 12, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »
I'm trying to change the government style of a realm from republic to monarchy. However, I do not see where to do it. Can someone help?
Forbes Family

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Government style
« Reply #1: September 12, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »
This is not something that you can just do, like changing the official bird or how often the Judge is elected. The government type can only be changed when the realm is in Anarchy.

There are two ways to get the realm into Anarchy: Have a successful rebellion (with the rebels actually winning by force, not the ruler stepping down), or have an unsuccessful ruler election.

In the former case, the rebel leader then becomes the ruler and can decide the new government type. In the latter case, a special election is held in the capital of the realm for the new ruler, who can then, once again, decide the new government type.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 12, 2013, 02:42:49 PM »
ok. I was unaware of this. A referendum was held to be able to do this so I will have to figure out something else.
Forbes Family

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 12, 2013, 02:54:58 PM »
ok. I was unaware of this. A referendum was held to be able to do this so I will have to figure out something else.

It should be noted that nothing stops you from cancelling elections and to give the title "King" to the ruler. However the official government style will remain a republic.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 12, 2013, 03:16:59 PM »
That is exactly what I was thinking of doing  ;D
Forbes Family

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 12, 2013, 03:58:05 PM »
things aren't quite working out the way I though... Now I have a bug to report with changing the name.

Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 22 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 23 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 25 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 26 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 27 Fatal error: Cannot use assign-op operators with overloaded objects nor string offsets in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3248
Forbes Family

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 12, 2013, 04:02:40 PM »
things aren't quite working out the way I though... Now I have a bug to report with changing the name.

Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 22 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 23 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 25 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 26 Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Load.php(2193) : eval()'d code on line 27 Fatal error: Cannot use assign-op operators with overloaded objects nor string offsets in /var/battlemaster/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3248

This is not a new bug; however, I have not yet been able to pin it down.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan