Author Topic: The Panther Claw Academy (in game learning centre for noobies/mediocres)  (Read 6640 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Before you can plot your intricate masterworks of machination and power, you need a good solid foundation in game mechanics. I can't even begin to list all the master plots I have seen fail miserably, and often quite comically and embarassingly, because the mastermind behind them had a fundamental misunderstanding of the game mechanics. Not only that, but these academies give new players a good sense of involvement and activity that can be beneficial in retaining them.

Besides, who says they can't learn politics while learning the mechanics? It's not like it's a one-or-the-other proposition.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bhranthan

• Knight
    • View Profile
I fully agree with Indirik, that is why i need help from devs to explain what is not explained on the help pages or updated.
I am trying to make a start of all the documentation and hope to get your comments on what i am missing/added wrongly.
There also lots of features who are not advertised anywhere which i would like to include as much as possible.

The documentation will not necessarily be promoted OOC, but rather in game, as they try to stay in character and describe the mechanics lightly role-played.

Retention is also a main focus, but i have not yet yielded any good results as the three noobies in our realm do not respond to any messages at all yet(except one by pausing and unpausing).
Direct approach IC and OOC did not work.
But i do believe that the academy can form a platform for directly helping newbies in game to understand everything while rewarding the 'mentors' with gold and status.

Also if new players more quickly get an overview of what they can do based on sveeral levels of knowledge and how far they are in game so to say, perhaps they get a quicker grasp of the game and what to do/ how to do what they want to.
They can see there objectives more clearly so to say.
Brutus the Brute - Kleptes the Thief - Atreus the Brave - Alucina the Lucid

nanakisan

• Freeman
  • I'm a absolute looney! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery of 3D madness
It might help if you and Jeroen don't mention the word links and such. Sure you can share the pages. But it would help the RP aspect along if you say the wiki is like the great library. We have taken the time to rent out a book and copy it for our own purposes. This "book" aka link is the result of that.

See where i am going.
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!

Bhranthan

• Knight
    • View Profile
Yes, rp consistency, thank you i have overlooked that.
If you want to make the corrections, that would be very apreciated.
It was not my intention to use those terms.
Brutus the Brute - Kleptes the Thief - Atreus the Brave - Alucina the Lucid

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
I don't think Jeroen ever did use the word links...