Author Topic: Can we improve the wiki?  (Read 30443 times)

Swiftblade

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Can we improve the wiki?
« Reply #15: August 06, 2013, 01:12:18 PM »
Tom I don't think you looked at the examples and what I'm getting at.

Its not really like a "blog", and it can use all of the wiki formatting. So you could get a template, pop it in and have it as issue one. Each ISSUE would go to the top, with maybe small blurbs (formatted nicely and in character or whatever) if some important info comes up and needs to be talked about now, even though you don't have time for a full issue. You can still do the important info at the top of each issue yadda yadda (although i think your asking a little much, seeing as no one is doing newspapers right now, and any that have info are really incomplete because they take a lot of time.)

The point is, it would save 10min of the authors time doing the linking, it would be a nice way to specify writers and do collab work, it would be easier to monitor and a list of papers could then be linked from the front page, and the RSS and ATOM features would make it easier and likely attract more readers because they aren't having to physically check back all the time to see that there is a new issue.

Really, what have you got to lose by testing it out and seeing what the community comes up with. If you are expecting people to be pro journalists/editors your already aiming way to high. Also this saves people some time, and they can still go over the top and flashy with nice templates and such if that's what they so choose. Better to start of with something that is easy to use, lay down some guidelines, and see what people create.

In saying all of this, a custom solution would be good, and yes it could be sold. It would just be if people used it or not at that point.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:21:57 PM by Swiftblade »