Author Topic: Can we improve the wiki?  (Read 30380 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Can we improve the wiki?
« Reply #15: August 06, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »
If you want this to happen, find me a volunteer who understands Symfony2 and Doctrine.

Tom, you're going way overboard with this. We don't need a full-fledged content management system to do wiki newspapers. All we need is someone who has a good knowledge of wiki authoring to make some templates, and write up instructions of how to use it. I created some very automated systems for the Dwilight Daily. I started trying to redo the TattleMaster with semantic forms and semantic data, but just couldn't make it lay out right with the semantic wiki template system. If someone could make that work, then you wouldn't need any coding at all.

In addition, I  think you're trying to design a system that just doesn't fit the way that wiki newspapers are done. They are done blog-style because that's the way that content is created. With only one or two people working on a paper, you don't get complete "issues" released all at once. You get one article a week, not 6 or more where you have to lay it all out, and have headlining stories, with bylines and filler.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.