Author Topic: Coder qualifications  (Read 8479 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Coder qualifications
« Reply #15: August 07, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »
Why don't you find some easyish bugs that need fixing, make an IRC channel for the four of us, and just let us know what its meant to do, yadda yadda, and the four of us can work on it. If we fix it, then you have a bug fixed, and it cost you a little time. If not, you lost a little time and no bug fixed.

However, if out of this experience you put 4 people in, and one comes out as any semblance of a coder, even if its just for fixing bugs, you have doubled the current battlemaster task force.

I second this.

And Swiftblade, there's already an IRC channel for the devs. And since the rest of the dev team has been pretty inactive (for their various reasons) for the past few months, it's not like chatting with the 4 of you would interrupt anything, or like there would be confidential full-devs-only talk going on in there all the time that we'd have to ask you to leave for.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan