Author Topic: Monsters/Undead per Island Discussion  (Read 7569 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Monsters/Undead per Island Discussion
« Reply #15: August 13, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »
I've been in favor of turning the infiltrator subclass into a spymaster subclass for a while. This could be a step in that direction.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 13, 2013, 07:21:08 PM »
I think the idea someone posted about bandits had something to it.

Peasant uprisings WERE a constant problem during the middle ages.

This could also ADD gameplay, and here's how:
First, we add a few flavours of human rogue forces. Peasant mobs, bandits, something like that.
Then, we add random spawn chances for these, including movement like for monsters and undead. Spawn chances would depend on region stats, so unhappy regions are more likely to spawn them - much like they already do, just enhanced and more common (and earlier than absolute rock-bottom stats).
And then we add options for infiltrators and some other classes to finance rebels, pay mercenaries to pretend they are a peasant mob (oh the surprise when you go facerolling a peasant mob and realize too late it has 60/60 equipment...) or stuff like that. This way, we would not have a random PvE element (well, we would, but it mostly serves as plausible deniability for the real thing), but add another PvP option.

I like it! Anything than gives more 'utility' to gold is good, and anything that give more 'game options' to players is good too!... and this is both!  :)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #17: August 13, 2013, 09:20:04 PM »
Since everyone seems to like it - volunteer wanted to wrap it up, write it up and put it up as a feature request.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 14, 2013, 11:45:18 PM »
Ooo I had a thought for this that might be good. People have talked about how they want infiltrators to be invisible again.

What if, bear with me, the fact that you are an infiltrator is what's invisible. The subclass doesn't show up on your normal profile or any other list. It can be hinted at under "listen to rumors" and similar investigative means, but the only way to confirm it is if you are caught in the act. With this new start uprisings feature there can be a risk that police will raid your meeting place and catch you paying off the mercenaries. Other infiltrator actions already carry the risk of being caught and identified.

This would better justify the need for high honor and prestige, you need it because people would never suspect a rich, prestigious and trusted noble of being involved in such sinister plots.

Now that sounds like a very exciting new feature.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 14, 2013, 11:47:39 PM »
I might be wrong, but isn't that info hidden already? I checked the profiles of every infil I know and none of them are listed as such.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 14, 2013, 11:55:07 PM »
Woah, is that new? I seem to remember seeing people listed as inifltrators before.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 15, 2013, 12:04:25 AM »
Woah, is that new? I seem to remember seeing people listed as inifltrators before.

It hasn't always been that way, but for the last few years no-one has been able to identify infiltrators by their class. I believe there is only one exception: Rulers can see which of their nobles are infiltrators on the character list.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:06:59 AM by Revan »

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 15, 2013, 12:07:39 AM »
That explains it because back when Turin was ruler he saw a realm member being an infiltrator.

Moderator Note: Secrets, like who is or was an infiltrator, should not be posted on the forums.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:08:30 AM by Penchant »

egamma

« Reply #23: August 15, 2013, 12:45:59 AM »
It hasn't always been that way, but for the last few years no-one has been able to identify infiltrators by their class. I believe there is only one exception: Rulers can see which of their nobles are infiltrators on the character list.

Yep.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 15, 2013, 03:27:04 AM »
Rulers have the ability to see the infil subclass for nobles in their realm.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.