Author Topic: BM Logo  (Read 5099 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
BM Logo
« Topic Start: August 12, 2013, 08:31:20 PM »
What's up with the BM Logo on the forum today? Is today something special I'm not aware of?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: BM Logo
« Reply #1: August 12, 2013, 08:40:59 PM »
NSA is watching you appreciation day!

SaDiablo

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 12, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »
I think I am going to go hide now

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: August 13, 2013, 01:08:35 AM »
It's got nothing to do with the NSA. It's a bit experimental, but there is some solid science behind this particular change that is related to recent discussions here.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 13, 2013, 01:09:59 AM »
I find it kind of creepy.

That being said, there was nothing all that amazing about the old logo, either. If this serves a purpose, then so be it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 13, 2013, 01:21:55 AM »
The watcher's eye...

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 13, 2013, 02:56:33 AM »
Something about keeping an eye on the naughty cheating "ForumMaster" players that a handful of people were whining about.
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: August 13, 2013, 09:54:20 AM »
Something about keeping an eye on the naughty cheating "ForumMaster" players that a handful of people were whining about.

That's a very negative way to put it, but it is pretty close.

Research (google it yourself, I'm too busy, sorry) indicates that eye contact is a major factor in human interaction, and the lack of eye contact in interactions deteriorates them. It is one of the contributing factors to the well-known fact that people are in general less friendly online than they would be in a real-life interaction. Now some research proves that this is such an instinctive effect, that even an image of an eye measurably improves online interaction.

That being said, there was nothing all that amazing about the old logo, either.

If you look closely, I did spend 5 minutes in Photoshop to put the old logo in as the iris of the eye. :-)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 13, 2013, 02:13:43 PM »
If you look closely, I did spend 5 minutes in Photoshop to put the old logo in as the iris of the eye. :-)

Nice touch. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 13, 2013, 06:26:38 PM »
There was an experiment done many years ago back when work places kept pop in the fridge and you'd just stick 50 cents into a can.  People not actually paying for the pop (theft) dropped by some ridiculous amount (75%+) when they taped a pair of eyes to the change can.

egamma

« Reply #10: August 14, 2013, 06:35:03 AM »