Author Topic: Adventurer not able to find monsters when lots are present?  (Read 3153 times)

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
My adventurer has been having great difficulty being able to actually find monsters and undead even when there are lots of them around. As such she has been unable to actually make money to buy gear, and I suspect this may be why she can't find any monsters despite still gaining experience. This has made her nearly unplayable. My previous advie had no such issues before he died.

Is there a way I can fix this or should I just retire her and make a new one?
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Your skill has no bearing on whether or not you find the monsters, just on what search options are available and how well you can fight them.

If you are having trouble finding monsters & undead, I suggest moving to another area, or finding some other adventurers to work with.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
What does the investigate option tell you?

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
This has been going on for at least a month now, I think, and I have moved to several regions. My advie is on Dwilight too, if that makes a difference.

You investigate the monster situation in Masatodon. There can be no doubt that there are monsters here, aside from the many reports you can see signs of their presence yourself.

Then you turn to look for undead. You hear rumours about undead and a few who claim to have seen them from afar.

I spent 7 hours hunting monsters, my first and third attempts found them but none of the others were successful. Sometimes I only find one group, or none at all. Even when I use as many hours as I can before my advie tires out.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I also have an adventurer on Dwilight but don't have this problem.  There are hunting groups that operate, find one and hunt with them, they can share locations. (I work in a group of 3)

It won't hurt to spend your gold on sword-fighting/adventuring gear to prepare you for tougher groups.

cheers,

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I'm not sure how working with a group of people will help if my advie is having so much trouble following her own quest strings... whatever they are, but I'll try and organize something with the advies near me.
Taselak is Best-elak.