Author Topic: Unique items  (Read 3170 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Unique items
« Topic Start: August 15, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »
My adventurer found a diamond ring. It's in good condition and gives a +6 prestige increase. What is a reasonable asking price?

Bhranthan

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Unique items
« Reply #1: August 15, 2013, 01:34:48 PM »
Depends on what sellers your able to reach and how much they are willing to give :P
That is part of the adventurer game, selling off items.
Your first sale will perhaps be under value, but then your character learns and becomes better and better at reaching more people and better offers.

My advie joined a few guilds designed for buying selling unique items.
And sometimes travels across the continent to sell his item for the best price.
Brutus the Brute - Kleptes the Thief - Atreus the Brave - Alucina the Lucid

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 15, 2013, 01:49:41 PM »
In my experience, it depends a lot on the continent.

I'd guess that somewhere around 100 gold is a place to start, but if you want to be bold, you could try asking for up to 500. Just don't be too surprised if you get laughed at or even arrested ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
  • Conan must truly be Conan The Destroyer..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 15, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »
Guild is the better place to sell unique item with nice price.. and i know one in Beluaterra..
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 15, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »
In my experience, it depends a lot on the continent.

I'd guess that somewhere around 100 gold is a place to start, but if you want to be bold, you could try asking for up to 500. Just don't be too surprised if you get laughed at or even arrested ;D

It basically depends on how many people you can reach who are interested in it. I've got several that are as good or better, and I will likely throw them away shortly.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 15, 2013, 06:44:15 PM »
Also, the price can depend greatly on the name. "The Wimpy Ring of the Wimps" probably won't command as high of a price as "The Kick Ass Ring of Mighty Slaying". Also, if the item is named after a region, then it may hold more worth to the lord or a knight of that region.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.