Author Topic: The Battlemaster Newsletter  (Read 22654 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Battlemaster Newsletter
« Reply #60: April 16, 2014, 07:40:13 AM »
My first active role? My first character started as Region Steward in Grentzen region on Colonies island. Most people underestimate Region Steward role at that time. If Region Steward did not count, then when Grentzen Region Lord went missing, my character was appointed as Count of Grentzen. That is when I began to take an active role in my realm affairs and actively contributed to the realm history and had some parts in shaping the island history as a whole ;)
I agree on people underestimating Region Steward. Not only does it give you a great claim if your lord disappears but if he doesn't and a lordship opens up it can make getting that lordship easy if you were a good steward. That and if it's a rural region you can make extra gold off it.

As well, if you were active as steward, I totally count that. If it was just a title from your lord but you weren't allowed to do anything or chose not too, I would consider the lordship your first active role, but I have a feeling you were in fact active as steward.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton