Author Topic: The Battlemaster Newsletter  (Read 22524 times)

Zakilevo

Re: The Battlemaster Newsletter
« Reply #30: February 03, 2014, 06:07:50 AM »
Extremely sorry guys! Something came up and I wasn't able to spend the necessary time today to finish it up. It will be published tomorrow though.

LIES!  ;)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: February 03, 2014, 06:16:29 AM »
LIES!  ;)
I truly am sorry to everyone looking forward to it, but stuff came up again and do to the fact I am younger, I have no choice in the matter so I wasn't able to get really any work done although I will see if I can spend an hour before I go to bed. I am very confident that I am more disappointed than anyone else because I feel like I failed you all, which I already did once by letting it go several months ago right after its the initial couple weeks. Once more, I am so sorry guys!
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

« Reply #32: February 03, 2014, 06:49:37 AM »
I truly am sorry to everyone looking forward to it, but stuff came up again and do to the fact I am younger, I have no choice in the matter so I wasn't able to get really any work done although I will see if I can spend an hour before I go to bed. I am very confident that I am more disappointed than anyone else because I feel like I failed you all, which I already did once by letting it go several months ago right after its the initial couple weeks. Once more, I am so sorry guys!

Instead of doing it all at once, why not work on one thing at a time? You can give out maybe one award a day?

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: February 03, 2014, 07:17:01 AM »
Instead of doing it all at once, why not work on one thing at a time? You can give out maybe one award a day?
Yes let's turn it into BM twitter.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: February 03, 2014, 08:07:04 AM »
Good idea and thanks for trying to help me instead of complain about my failure.
Yes let's turn it into BM twitter.
I don't quite know about that though, although the idea when I think about it has some interesting advantages.

To everyone,

I would love to say I will have it all done tomorrow, but I know I don't know I can because I have plenty of homework to work on tomorrow and I would like to aid in fixing some of the recent BM turmoil with the controversial event in Dwilight done by Justin, aka Stabbity or the Himoura Family. As I stated I have plenty of homework to do tomorrow and I would like to work on the BM turmoil so a limited release is extremely likely tomorrow as it makes things a lot easier on me. Also by fixing the turmoil, I don't mean spend a bunch of time on my characters and ignore the newsletter although I would like to encourage others to try and do meaningful things with their characters more often, I mean help alleviate some of the OOC anger/frustration by players by communicating with various people to move on with the situation in the best way possible.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

« Reply #35: February 03, 2014, 09:48:03 AM »
Good idea and thanks for trying to help me instead of complain about my failure.

We are all here to enjoy not to stress ourselves over. Do take your time with it. Once the game feels like work, it isn't fun anymore.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: February 04, 2014, 05:51:36 AM »
Starting us off:

Dev Plan

Entire team focused on solving the density issue. 

Dev Summary of the Year:

Features Implemented in 2013:
  • Dead characters can see their sent messages
  • Total consumption and production added to food report for dukes and bankers
  • A new interface for making new characters
  • Formations are shown under army page
  • Sea Travel
  • Provisions
  • Sanity check for peasant mobs
  • Command page reorganized for duchy commands to be explicit
  • Family wealth limit increased
  • Caution tag removed when messaging entire realm
  • Rebalance done
  • Bankers can get access to lord's markets with permission
  • Siege Engines in army available for marshal and general
  • Scribe Notes defaulting to military tab
  • Can see balance with guilds via Information>Your Guilds
  • Buying regions in foreign realms reimplemented
Thats 15 new features. In addition to 15 new features there have been 236 bug fixes this year.

Awards
All awards are determined by the editor through suggestions and his personal opinion. These are not official awards by the development team in any way, simply awards meant to be fun done by the editor.

Player

Best Family of 2013: Nifelleisca Family
Honorable Mentions: Himoura Family, De Vere Family

Best Veteran Player Starting Again of 2013: Nifelleisca Family

Best New Player of 2013: Renodin Family
Honorable Mentions: Daimall Family

The Renodin Family was recommended by several for his great interactions with others, friendliness out of character, and effort in roleplaying. While technically invalid due to join date, the Daimall Family was also recommended and due to a lack of suggestions, receives the honorable mention..

Best Roleplayer of 2013: Daycryn Family

Best Schemer of 2013: Himoura Family
Honorable Mentions: De Vere Family, Silverfire Family, and Nifelleisca Family

Friendliest Player of 2013: Bowker Family
Honorable Mention: Lapallanch Family

The player of Bowker Family, Miriam, is seen by many as very friendly. The runner up is the Lapallanch Family.

Character

Best Emperor/Empress: Senate of Cagilian Empire
Honorable Mentions: Velax de Vere, Alice Arundel

Best Ruler: Fingolfin Noldorin
Honorable Mentions: Leopold Arrakis, Merlin Silverfire

Best Banker: Brant Everland
Honorable Mention: Hrok Stefanovic

Best Judge: Arke Arundel

Best General: Enzo Solari
Honorable Mentions: Red Marlboro, Kihalin Lapallanch

Best Death: Kende Indirik

Best Trader: Hrok Stefanovic
Honorable Mention: Marco Penchant

Most Religious: Rabisu Daycryn
Honorable Mention: Torpius, Mathurin Hossenfefer

Best Cavalier: Saul Tarvitz
Best Hero: Red Marlboro

Craziest Character: Arke Arundel

Most Diplomatic: Galiard Scarlett

Realm

Best Realm: Thalmarkin
Honorable Mentions: Luria Nova, Perdan

Most Improved Realm: Niselur
Honorable Mention: Asylon, Fissoa, Minas Leon

Saddest Ending to a Realm: Aurvandil

Best New Realm: Ar Agyr
Honorable Mention: Lyonesse

Best Military:Darka
Honorable Mention: Thalmarkin, Cagilian Empire, Perdan

Religion

Religion sparked biggest war: Sanguis Astroism
Honorable Mention: Da Great Goat

Most Improved Religion: Order of the Elders
Honorable Mention: Da Great Goat

Miscellaneous

Best New Feature: Bankers Access to Lord's Markets with Permission

Honorable Mentions: Sea Travel, Scout Reports Defaulting to Military Tab

This post will be continually updated with additional posts going along with updates so you don't have to guess what the updates are. I would also like to remind everyone that these awards are based off the suggestions of others and the editors opinion. The awards are in no way official.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:44:49 AM by Penchant »
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

« Reply #37: February 04, 2014, 06:05:23 AM »
Oh I am considered a friendly guy ;) Must admit Miriam is one of the most friendly people I've met on BM. I hope we continue to have her around.

P.S What is this density issue the dev team is working on? Will this have any visible impact on the game?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:09:22 AM by Lapallanch »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: February 04, 2014, 06:09:48 AM »
Oh I am considered a friendly guy ;) Must admit Miriam is one of the most friendly people I've met on BM. I hope we continue to have her around.

Miriam is one of the friendliest people I've met, period. Oddly enough the only people that I can think of offhand that would compete for that position also hail from South America, must be something in the water over there.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #39: February 04, 2014, 11:19:19 AM »
Miriam is one of the friendliest people I've met, period. Oddly enough the only people that I can think of offhand that would compete for that position also hail from South America, must be something in the water over there.

Maybe the warm weather down there is making people friendly :)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: February 04, 2014, 07:06:48 PM »
Thank you guys. :) Maybe De Legro is right and our water is magic :p
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: February 07, 2014, 09:05:01 PM »
Thank you guys. :) Maybe De Legro is right and our water is magic :p

what you call "magic" I call "radioactive" :p

Well deserved Mirry.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: February 08, 2014, 06:48:22 AM »
Reposting what I stated earlier in another thread when work on religions was asked:

Dev work is becoming more structured in working on a topic and improving that, thus it is likely that when any religious features are worked on there will be a variety of things looked at and implemented, although after the current event is over there is already something planned afterwards to be working on. It is possible for small features for religion to be coded before all of religion is worked on as small features are occasionally done by Vita when time allows and he is motivated.

As well you can expect a rather large update tomorrow and hopefully it will even be fully released tomorrow.
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

« Reply #43: February 12, 2014, 05:48:14 AM »
Any updates on this?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: February 12, 2014, 07:56:27 AM »
There has been an update today with more awards likely to be added tomorrow.
― G.K. Chesterton