Author Topic: The Way Forward  (Read 53551 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Way Forward
« Reply #135: August 31, 2013, 03:48:02 AM »
He is insulting, but not necessarily wrong because of that. I see it as well. And at least a few other people also. Seriously, this whole discussion started because one guy QUIT over this issue.

Please stop being in denial. We can agree that we don't know if this is a minority or a majority opinion, and we'll probably never know. But as several people pointed out by now: Expecting many voices critical of the forum ON THE FORUM is not exactly a reasonable expectation. It's a bit like going to a football game looking for people who don't like football.

One guy made the choice to read the forums until the point that they quit. At any point they could have simply ignored the forums.

Now, I agree with your second point, but because one person quit after they went out of their way to read the forums is no reason to kill the locals.  I know of people who quit after becoming Ruler, so shall we get rid of the Ruler position?

So, your motivation is good, and I agree that the forums should be a good atmosphere.  I am happy with erring on the side of caution.  Ban forum members who are rude and insulting.  Getting rid of locals because someone went out of their way to read the forums, and then get insulted enough to quit, is wrong.  If you do not like the forum, do not read them.