Author Topic: The Way Forward  (Read 53147 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Way Forward
« Reply #135: August 31, 2013, 10:14:02 AM »
You missed the point, again.

This is not just about the forums being a bad place at times. It is about the feelings of the people who refuse, reject, dislike the forum that the forum is essential. These people didn't quite because the forum sucks, they quit because they didn't like the pressure of having to be in a place that they hate. They didn't dislike the game, they disliked that in order to play the game, you have to be on the forum, even if you hate it.

STOP

I know at least ten of you are itching to reply how that is all false and you don't have to be on the forum, etc. etc. - I know that. But the people who quit didn't. And you can't reach them via your arguments because a) we're on the forum here, they won't read it and b) it's a feeling, not a rational point.
Well it seems to me you are suggesting one of three things:

1. The people who hate the forums are right, which is why after using the forums they have terrible impression of, they continue to hate it.

2.The people who hate the forums are going to see what they want see, which is that the forums are terrible, and thus they will only see bad and blow things entirely out of proportion like discussions about in game events and say that is game play.

3.The people who hate forums have some sort of issue mentally, delusional, stupid, whatever causing them to see the forums as bad.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton