Author Topic: The Way Forward  (Read 53690 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Way Forward
« Reply #135: August 31, 2013, 04:17:44 PM »
Or remove the direct link from the game to the forum. As it is, it's right up there at the top of the screen whenever you're playing. Put it somewhere out of the way. Or get rid of it altogether. Then maybe people won't feel like they have to visit it.

I think that's a terrible idea.

As Tom says, nothing we do will change these people's minds about this. They have gotten this erroneous idea into their heads, and whatever we do now, it will not go away.

Removing the link to the forum will only make it more of an exclusive club. It won't convince people who hate forums that it's not necessary; it will prevent or discourage new players from joining it, whether they would like to or not.

It's exactly the same argument that's been used about IRC. Removing the easy access to IRC will in no way reduce the activity of the people already on IRC. It will not reduce the alleged cliquishness, or prevent people from discussing in-game events on IRC. All it will do is make it harder for new players to join in on these activities.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan