Author Topic: Fame!  (Read 26896 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Fame!
« Topic Start: May 05, 2011, 08:58:56 AM »
A discussion for anything to do with fame  8)

I happened to just have gained 2 family fame points a few hours ago from the last turn change but I can't find out what from. I didn't gain any position but rather lost in election for re-election as Judge.... any suggestions?

New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Fame!
« Reply #1: May 05, 2011, 10:42:06 AM »
Did you gain any prestige or honour or family gold?

I have 9 fame but I only know where 4 are coming from(region lord, 10 prestige, 20 prestige and 20 familiyprestige).
Does somebody has suggestions where my other 5 fame can come from??

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 05, 2011, 12:01:07 PM »
Did you gain any prestige or honour or family gold?

I have 9 fame but I only know where 4 are coming from(region lord, 10 prestige, 20 prestige and 20 familiyprestige).
Does somebody has suggestions where my other 5 fame can come from??

Possibly 2000 family gold,  first investment, Buying one unique item., trader, outcast, or a type of death (5/6 of these).

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 05, 2011, 01:58:45 PM »
Possibly 2000 family gold,  first investment, Buying one unique item., trader, outcast, or a type of death (5/6 of these).

I have 1050 gold.
haven't invested, all items found, not played trader or outcast yet. all characters are still alive.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: May 05, 2011, 03:27:44 PM »
take a look at the famebox?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 05, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »
maybe it's the lemonfame! 8)

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 05, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »
take a look at the famebox?

I have had no council position and haven't been duke. my (family)prestige is not 50.
I've had no trader or infiltrator, never moved a capitol, sponsered an army or won a tournament.
I have had multiple unique items but I found them, never bought.
Haven't started a religion or guild but are currently elder in one.
What does the Prophet mean?
I have a mentor but he hasn't had many mentor points.
Never died.

So religion, skills or unkown they will come from I think.
Is there a way I can know I have a religious or skill fame?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 05, 2011, 10:20:31 PM »
The only religion fame I know of comes from founding one and then the prophet fame if the religion becomes successful (exact criteria for that remain unknown), though it's possible there's a skill fame point for a certain level of oratory.

I also have 5 fame points that are of ambiguous origin. I know that the last time Tom added fame points, he added several that would be easier for the 'non addicts' to acquire. As far as I know none of them are really known, but my guess is they are very easy to get and represent relatively minor achievements at best. I have also long suspected that there is a fame out there somewhere that you can get as a Marshal, though I have no evidence - it's more of a hunch really.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 06, 2011, 01:29:07 PM »
I'm 99% certain that there's a fame point for leading an army in battle the first time.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 06, 2011, 06:29:35 PM »
That is more or less what I suspect as well.

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 08, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »
The only religion fame I know of comes from founding one and then the prophet fame if the religion becomes successful (exact criteria for that remain unknown), though it's possible there's a skill fame point for a certain level of oratory.

I also have 5 fame points that are of ambiguous origin. I know that the last time Tom added fame points, he added several that would be easier for the 'non addicts' to acquire. As far as I know none of them are really known, but my guess is they are very easy to get and represent relatively minor achievements at best. I have also long suspected that there is a fame out there somewhere that you can get as a Marshal, though I have no evidence - it's more of a hunch really.

Could it be that I have the Prophet fame because I'm the highest elder in my religion?
Is there a way to now, one of your skills is high?
As I don't expect to have more than one skill high, where could my other fame come from??

Do you get fame when an Adventurer becomes a Knight?

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 04, 2011, 04:05:34 AM »
So I have a question for people.  Has anyone been able to trace a fame point to receiving good marks from their Lord?  Say to a standing of +3 or so (the level required to not be able to be fined)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 04, 2011, 04:46:09 AM »
That's an interesting theory. It would explain one of my unknown fame points if true.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Taros

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: February 11, 2012, 11:06:27 AM »
This thing with fame is very weird, out of thin air in about two days my fame increased from 4 to 7. Honestly I do not know from what it is.
I have checked the famebox on wiki, but I haven't found the answer for it.
“Hell begins on the day when God grants us a clear vision of all that we might have achieved, of all the gifts which we have wasted, of all that we might have done which we did not do”

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 20, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »
I'm 99% certain that there's a fame point for leading an army in battle the first time.

I can confirm this. Probably someone needs to update the Wiki page.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:10:23 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.