Author Topic: Message Group filtering CONTINUED  (Read 2012 times)

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Message Group filtering CONTINUED
« Topic Start: August 24, 2013, 07:06:46 PM »
Firstly this was brought up by Sacha previously here: http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,4887.0.html

He asked for the ability to filter the list of messages by a particular group he was a member of. Which is a feature that I too desire, especially now at my characters are members of more than a couple of groups where there are multiple ongoing deliberations.

Dev Anaris somehow pulled the Jedi mind trick on Sacha and told him he could already filter messages by recipient and poor Sacha nodded his head and said thank you.

Now while you can put the name of the group in the recipient field, and get what I'm looking for, it's not AT ALL obvious that that can be done, akin to a hidden feature.

It would be much more convenient to have ready access to your groups via a drop down menu, the way you do for "Senders", only have another one for "Groups".

I believe the obscurity of this feature may have contributed to problem of IG conversations taking place on the forum.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Message Group filtering CONTINUED
« Reply #1: August 24, 2013, 08:31:32 PM »
It might also be nice to be able to see ones own messages to the group along with the others. It would essentially be a mini message board for a particular group! With you having to change very little.

egamma

« Reply #2: August 25, 2013, 10:28:06 PM »
You're basically describing the new message system that Tom proposed, and that the players didn't like. It's going to be quite some time before Tom tries to work on it again, because he's working on [explorers] and Might & Fealty, which will eventually pay his bills, while Battlemaster doesn't make any money.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 25, 2013, 11:13:00 PM »
It would be much more convenient to have ready access to your groups via a drop down menu, the way you do for "Senders", only have another one for "Groups".

That's a reasonable thing to add. Please write up a Feature Request.

I believe the obscurity of this feature may have contributed to problem of IG conversations taking place on the forum.

I believe this never happened, since I have yet to see anyone give a skerrick of evidence of it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan