Poll

How many different active wars are you currently involved in?

I am not involved in any war.
1 (2.3%)
One of my characters is involved in a war.
5 (11.6%)
Two of my characters are involved in a war
15 (34.9%)
Three of my characters are involved in a war.
14 (32.6%)
Four or more of my characters are involved in a war.
8 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: September 26, 2013, 09:50:57 AM

Author Topic: How many wars are you in?  (Read 8987 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: How many wars are you in?
« Topic Start: August 27, 2013, 03:49:58 PM »
IMHO, "neutral" should be the largest slice, with the other two roughly balanced.

Unfortunately (as I said on the other thread), I don't think this is realistic. The players have shown, through the decade+ of BM's history, that they will seek out peaceful relations or alliances with other realms, even ones on the other side of the continent who they have next to no chance of ever meeting in person.

And frankly, unless we can come up with some really, really good game mechanics to encourage neutrality and discourage many peace treaties and alliances, I think this is likely to be one of those instances where we just have to accept that that's the way human nature is going to push, and let it be that way, rather than trying to force the playerbase to play in a way that we think is "right".
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan