Poll

Would you rather see more or less monsters and undead?

more of both
28 (49.1%)
less of both
6 (10.5%)
more monsters, but not undead
1 (1.8%)
more undead, but not monsters
4 (7%)
something else (explain below)
18 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: August 15, 2013, 11:36:58 AM

Author Topic: Monsters and Undead - more or less? Vote  (Read 29254 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Monsters and Undead - more or less? Vote
« Reply #90: August 14, 2013, 11:58:54 PM »
What is the point of this? Making it harder to take back lost regions? There are no interesting PVE solutions. If rogue militia are very difficult, you just set the tax rate low and never spawn them, and never make an RC in an unstable region. If they are small they are dealt with by militia. If the militia can't handle it, take your army over and squish it.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: August 15, 2013, 12:06:59 AM »
Include a random chance that it will pop up in a perfectly fine region coupled with the fact that enemy infiltrators can be behind uprisings and the feature becomes a lot more useful and interesting.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: August 15, 2013, 02:32:31 AM »
I really hate how the economy rebalance is lagging so much.

We finally get a war with Luria Nova, and we'll just starve to death again, Long Winter #2.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's funny because you think D'hara could be sufficent ever.

Reality check: Six rurals for 4 cities, 3 townslands, and a stronghold? The only way that would ever work is with a continental surplus on the order of Beluaterra.

Words and things from Tom about hating invasions

I still don't understand why you hate invasions, or why the fact that you hated running one means they shouldn't happen at all.

I loved working on the fourth invasion, even with one of the other GMs actively refusing to work with and undermining the rest of us, and I would love to do it again. I've said as much to you before and have never gotten even a word in reply.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: August 15, 2013, 02:51:50 AM »
I still don't understand why you hate invasions, or why the fact that you hated running one means they shouldn't happen at all.

I loved working on the fourth invasion, even with one of the other GMs actively refusing to work with and undermining the rest of us, and I would love to do it again. I've said as much to you before and have never gotten even a word in reply.

Seconded.

If you gave the go-ahead, I can tell you for certain that I would be happy to work with a small, select group to get a proper, coherent invasion going, one where we actually plan for the players' decision-points, and have laid out from the beginning what the "win conditions" and "loss conditions" should look like. I have all the admin power I would need to run such a thing properly, assuming that we didn't need extra code. (Or that you would be pushing updates live on a regular basis, as you have been recently.) And though I prefer not to speak for others, I would bet that ^ban^ would be fully on board.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: August 15, 2013, 03:17:52 AM »
Yes to more Invasions, plz. I enjoyed the Fifth, but what I most enjoy is how they shake things up on Beluaterra and keep it from getting too settled. I would also be willing to GM one.

Zakilevo

« Reply #95: August 15, 2013, 08:42:48 AM »
Last Invasion was really awesome :) Beluaterra won't be the same without the invasions :o

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: August 15, 2013, 10:32:49 AM »
Invasions are probably enjoyable for people that are really involved in this game (i.e. people posting on the forum), but I think to most innocent noble bystanders they are pretty underwhelming.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: August 15, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »
Invasions are probably enjoyable for people that are really involved in this game (i.e. people posting on the forum), but I think to most innocent noble bystanders they are pretty underwhelming.

That's partly why they don't exist on 5 out of the 6 islands.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: August 15, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »
Huh. That does not compute. Invasions are life or death situations, whether you care about the story behind it or not. Even the most innocent noble bystander cares at least a bit about the future of his realm and the place of his character therein. And even if that noble is really just a bystander and nothing else, he'll appreciate battles of epic scale and frequency.

It'd make sense if you said that for nobles who are into diplomacy and intrigue invasions are dull since they are PvE in stead of PvP, but "innocent noble bystanders" aren't those who are looking to advance themselves or their realms through intrigue. Those guys are the ones who do frequent the forum.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: August 15, 2013, 02:08:45 PM »
If I'd been here a couple of hours ago I would have voted "something else"...

I like the idea of less spawnings, but the spawnings, when they do happen, being more significant.
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: August 16, 2013, 05:11:08 AM »
I missed the vote, but would have put my say toward "something else".

I say retweak the spawn of monsters/undead. They seem largely random right now. Mountain/badlands/forests should spawn monsters at an increased rate (but farmlands/city/towns almost none), cities should spawn undead at an increased rate and maybe (although this is more effort-intensive) an increased rate for recent battlegrounds.

This way you have increased spawn rates, but they are focused on regions that aren't profitable. Players have a choice to abandon those mountains to the brigands or to toil to see them stay under control.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: August 27, 2013, 06:09:02 PM »
More of both for Atamara. I don't think I've seen any in nearly 6 months.