Author Topic: improving the game via prison  (Read 29060 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: improving the game via prison
« Topic Start: August 27, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »
I think the idea is a good one. Personally, I'd make the shortest times be reserved specifically for players who have been in the game less than a month and players who have been in the game less than six months. Then make the "standard" length for a noble with no feudal or government position be 5 days.

Then, on the high end, as others have said, I'd pull it in a bit—maybe make Dukes 12 days, government members 16, and rulers 25, or something along those lines. I think 30 for government members and 40 for rulers is too steep.

There's something else to consider here, too: Should we make prison no longer count as inactivity for the purposes of losing positions? Because right now, if we did this, it would just cause all the position-holders to time out after 5 days, so someone new could be elected/appointed. Then the poor old ruler just gets to languish in prison for the next 5 weeks without any position or anything.

As a final note, I like the idea of the realm being able to pay a ransom for a captured government member. That would make a very interesting dynamic...particularly if the government member in question isn't universally loved ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan