Author Topic: improving the game via prison  (Read 29068 times)

Arrandal

Re: improving the game via prison
« Topic Start: August 27, 2013, 04:04:10 PM »
Ah yes, of course, and something that would be a fix to the game, but anything else...to do with this. I would consider myself personally dissapointed should the time be extended past 7 days for anything else. I'm not all that interested in not being able to play for a week, its equated in my mind already to a forum ban, and as some form of punishment for prison, as it is. I do not see the whole point to prison, which is basically just a ban from the game. It should actually still be something that keeps me entertained in the game, Im not here because I want to 'not play'.

Plus there was a mention of ransoming for a King or Ruler, while fun, as stated, by the time 7 days rolls around, the agonising interplay of the nobles, and finally convincing the other Judge to let the Ruler go etc, too much power to ruin someones game time, in another players hands, far as I am concerned.

Prison is a ban, its a 'player punishment' regulated to the form of a chracter lock for doing something wrong, ie the Magistrates, but  I didnt do anything wrong, except play the game...

Fix the mentor system, would be more important than this simple coding. If not for my partner, again, who encouraged me to try other realms, etc, I would not have stayed past my first realm. Because of the lack of contact that was made to me, and lack of help. I learned this game via another person, and many do. 

Encouraging more public letters, instead of private is also a good thing, and this just needs to be a highly recommended pl;ayer culture, perhaps a notice when people click on other peoples names to send a message, a pop up appears, saying: "Think about the other people in your Realm, does this really need to be a private message, or could you do more and share more with the other members of the Realm, so they too are a part of what is going on, if so, consider posting this to the user group, unless strictly personal." Or something like that. Frankly using this in my Marshal's role has led to better interaction between characters, more imput and involvement, to the point that all Nobles in Riombara have involved themselves in the Realm's recent war, which it didnt used to have.