Author Topic: Ducal prestige penalties and bonuses  (Read 10525 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Ducal prestige penalties and bonuses
« Reply #30: August 30, 2013, 07:04:29 AM »
Oh I was just saying that's how I feel about regions, but I don't think the ruler really needs a penalty. In fact I think if the Dukes could lose prestige and the Ruler couldn't (unless they were Dukes too) could drive a wedge between Kings and Dukes, which is good as it makes realms more prone to internal conflict.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 30, 2013, 09:38:05 PM »
Oh I was just saying that's how I feel about regions, but I don't think the ruler really needs a penalty. In fact I think if the Dukes could lose prestige and the Ruler couldn't (unless they were Dukes too) could drive a wedge between Kings and Dukes, which is good as it makes realms more prone to internal conflict.
There is no penalty, only a bonus, or lack of one, with the prior suggestions.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 31, 2013, 02:49:00 AM »
Either way I don't think the ruler needs to be a part of this request.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 31, 2013, 04:11:22 AM »
I plan to introduce a comprehensive suggestion on prestige/honour loss/gain relating to all levels of hierarchy engaging in personal/region/duchy switching/loss/gain and existing game-mechanic context for that switch in the private dev board soonish. I hadn't considered providing bonuses for regions/duchies before though, so I will definitely add this, when I bring it up.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 31, 2013, 04:30:10 AM »
It might work to even just have the notification read "... this could be considered a major insult, you should probably ask the lord why he's left".