Author Topic: "Too Much Peace" Revisited  (Read 23065 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
"Too Much Peace" Revisited
« Topic Start: August 28, 2013, 10:08:13 AM »
Yes, we all agree it was horrible and good riddance.

but...

I do believe in the basic concept, that a realm that is boring should be punished. Now the difficult part is in determining when a war is cold and when a war is hot and all that. And I think we've all learnt it is crazy difficult to do that in code.

But...

Why do it in code at all? We have an incredible AI at our disposal, one that can determine whether a realm is in enough wars or boring as hell in like a second or so.

I am, of course, talking about our players.

We have a "protest" option so players can get rid of abusive government members. How about giving players a "this realm is boring" button as well, silent protest only? Results of this continuous in-game poll would be displayed to the ruler and general, and if it goes above a certain threshold, then a) the realm and b) they personally will suffer until some battles happen. A declaration of war (not a continuous state of war, only a NEW declaration of war!) could temporarily lower this value, but only players deciding that the realm isn't boring anymore would really keep it down.

Obviously, this is a rough thought at the moment, so please do tear it apart.

Primary goal:

Force the old geezers who do nothing but keep the status quo into more aggressive politics or else make way for new, ambitious characters who will.