Author Topic: Proposed New Forum Rules of Conduct  (Read 18895 times)

Eirikr

Re: Proposed New Forum Rules of Conduct
« Reply #30: September 05, 2013, 04:56:50 AM »
As far as rules lawyers go, I find that nothing discourages them fatser than a quick smackdown and refusal to debate the rules. Providing examples is like throwing gasoline on a fire.

I believe this is implied, but to those who aren't seeing it, it may put them at ease: I'm sure any and all forum posts complaining about punishment will simply be deleted and the offender punished, perhaps more harshly than before.

Really, despite the recent fracas, running a forum isn't super difficult. The challenges stem from volume and anonymity rather than vague rules or rule lawyering. In no uncertain terms, it is Tom's forum; if you aren't playing by his rules... guess what? You aren't playing at all. (It's also a forum; it's not supposed to have a crushing impact on anything... If you get booted, it's not really a big deal  unless you make it so. In that case, you should be reassessing your priorities... or banned again because it'll keep happening.)

All that said, I don't think it'd be bad for the mods to have a private way to communicate what they did, though a repository is too much. Maybe somewhere for a mod to say, "hey guys, I don't know what to do..." and another to respond. It'll build up like the forum already has.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:58:29 AM by Eirikr »