Author Topic: Proposed New Forum Rules of Conduct  (Read 18698 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed New Forum Rules of Conduct
« Reply #45: September 05, 2013, 06:12:46 AM »
SMF?

Either way, cool. Problem solved, imo.
SMF (Simple Machines Forums) is the forum design/software/whatever we use. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will notice it says SMF 2.0.5
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #46: September 05, 2013, 09:10:39 AM »
No way. The Mod Squad would love it.

No, the rules-lawyers would love it.

99% of the players of this game never get involved with the moderators or the Titans/Magistrates, at least not directly. That's why some rather biased players have been so successful in smearing their names - because few people have personal experiences.

And the absolute last thing I want is regular players turning into lawyers because they think they need to read through 50 precedents in order to feel comfortable posting their thoughts.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #47: September 05, 2013, 09:12:49 AM »
I believe this is implied, but to those who aren't seeing it, it may put them at ease: I'm sure any and all forum posts complaining about punishment will simply be deleted and the offender punished, perhaps more harshly than before.

Like all things, it depends on how and where you do it.

Derailing a topic with whining about some mod action? Definitely worthy a deleted post and another warning.
Opening a new topic, in the appropriate sub-forum, with a calm and reasonable argument? That's the way to do it.

Eirikr

« Reply #48: September 05, 2013, 02:44:18 PM »
Opening a new topic, in the appropriate sub-forum, with a calm and reasonable argument? That's the way to do it.

Will there be such a forum? I suppose it could just be a dual purpose of the Courthouse Q&A.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster

egamma

« Reply #51: September 08, 2013, 02:15:47 AM »
1. Be respectful of other users. No insulting or derogatory behavior toward other players or forum users.

2. The forum is for discussing things about the game. In-game matters should only be discussed in the game. Do not post in-game messages on the forum, other than posting your own Roleplays on the Roleplay board, or when appropriate as part of a Magistrate case. Players may post the roleplayed death of their character on the Roleplay boards without sending it in-game, since they cannot post it in-game.

3. The moderators have complete editorial control and may delete or modify posts that violate these rules, or are judged inappropriate for the forum.

So...back on track, is this the set of rules we are going with? Really, only the first 2 are rules, the last point is more of an informational point.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: September 08, 2013, 03:35:41 AM »
Looks good to me.

Lacedaemon

• Knight
  • Amyclas, Belarus, Aigre Valens
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: September 08, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »
Looks good to me.

If it's good enough for that fine gentleman, then it's good enough for me.

Just open the forums already. Trying to control public opinion and perception is like herding cats. None of your plans will survive contact with the player base, and you will never get it right.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #54: September 08, 2013, 02:28:50 PM »
If it's good enough for that fine gentleman, then it's good enough for me.

Just open the forums already. Trying to control public opinion and perception is like herding cats. None of your plans will survive contact with the player base, and you will never get it right.

We have a server move as the #1 priority right now, everything else comes after that.