Poll

How do you feel about playing in Madina?

As soon as I get the oportunity i will start a character there.
0 (0%)
I started playing right now!
1 (5%)
Never ever, over my dead body!
14 (70%)
No, but if.... I would(please explain, comment below)
1 (5%)
I'm not sure
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: May 17, 2011, 12:37:31 PM

Author Topic: Madina needs YOU!  (Read 73602 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Madina needs YOU!
« Topic Start: May 07, 2011, 12:37:31 PM »
Looking for a land of opportunity? A growing realm with a rich structure full of opportunity and freedom to play, a place that gives you more possibilities to sceme, plot and plan and offers you more space for innovation and ambition for your character  than any other realm in battlemaster.
A place to quickly and easily make a career and even play and feel as a King under a united banner.
A place that offers enormous tactical advance and great opportunities to trade.
A place with a direct enemy next door with an extremely  rivalling political philosophy.
A place that is in every way different and unique from the rest of the game.
A place with a depthful, vivid, diverse and stable character base of roleplayers.
A place of good and evil, Freedom and tyranny, alot of potential for propaganda and roleplay.
A place where many have made there dreams come true.
A place called Madina!

(yes we need people to play in Madina direly, so badly that anyone who'd start a character there would probably directly get apointed to a position, thus an easy way to make a career, and given the freedom you have as lord under the constitution you already have lots of opportunities more than you'd normally would as a lord.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:40:30 PM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Madina needs YOU!
« Reply #1: May 07, 2011, 02:23:19 PM »
I doubt I would ever play a character in Madina, so long as you have your current "everyone for himself" government style. Not my style of play.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 07, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »
I could probably get 10-15 nobles to travel south and join Madina... but then that would be a silly thing to do.   That and I don't think you want to turn your whole realm over to SA.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: May 07, 2011, 05:18:13 PM »
Objectively, Madina has one of the best stable positions on Dwilight. It appears that the only thing bringing it down is on the human side.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 07, 2011, 05:35:36 PM »
I really do like the position of Madina.  The island is nice.  Self sufficient and easily defended.  Only 2 ways to get there and they both can be walled. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 07, 2011, 05:57:05 PM »
I'm happy in my D'Hara, thank you! ;D

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 07, 2011, 06:28:03 PM »
Oh, now Madina needs nobles, the anarchistic all for one nation of individuals... Needs more nobles... ;D
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 07, 2011, 06:45:54 PM »
I doubt I would ever play a character in Madina, so long as you have your current "everyone for himself" government style. Not my style of play.

due to the 'crisis' the government is changing somewhat, there will even come a new consitution eventually.
Though the basic philosphy will remain the same.
Every citizen is lord of what he owns.

Artemesia,

Perhaps we should apoint daimons as governors then :P

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #8: May 07, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »
due to the 'crisis' the government is changing somewhat, there will even come a new consitution eventually.
Though the basic philosphy will remain the same.
Every citizen is lord of what he owns.

Artemesia,

Perhaps we should apoint daimons as governors then :P

That is actually something you can work out in-game. Talk to my character if you are actually serious about that route. I know you're probably just joking here though.

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: May 07, 2011, 08:28:06 PM »
I am content with being in Astrum. Sorry :)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 07, 2011, 09:04:26 PM »
Madina is no longer the big guy on the block, Terran is the beacon of civilization and all of Maroccidens!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 07, 2011, 09:19:33 PM »
Speaking of a lack of nobles in Madina; after looking at the realms list, it seems like there are less nobles overall. Anyone have stats to compare the amount of nobles now to six months ago?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 07, 2011, 09:20:24 PM »
I could probably get 10-15 nobles to travel south and join Madina... but then that would be a silly thing to do.   That and I don't think you want to turn your whole realm over to SA.

are all those nobles that devoted then?

i think Madina is the perfect realm for mixed cultures, SA would definatley be welcome, especially now all the librero empire rebels are gone and finnaly got there own silly little realm.

Obviosuly as a player i am not looking for any kind of ooc clique in Madina like in Aurvendil or Averoth if that's what you mean.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 07, 2011, 09:21:56 PM »
Speaking of a lack of nobles in Madina; after looking at the realms list, it seems like there are less nobles overall.

I noticed the same thing, Dwilight is becoming impopular, perhaps we should start advertising the whole continent instead.:P

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 07, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »
are all those nobles that devoted then?

i think Madina is the perfect realm for mixed cultures, SA would definatley be welcome, especially now all the librero empire rebels are gone and finnaly got there own silly little realm.

Obviosuly as a player i am not looking for any kind of ooc clique in Madina like in Aurvendil or Averoth if that's what you mean.

Ordinarily SA would be more than willing to send a mission of a few nobles down south to Madina. However with the currant war the most we can spare is an elder to preach and convert.

We're hardly going to send much needed nobles down south to aid a realm that helped found a league specifically opposed to Sanguis Astroism, and is directly responsible for the war against us!

On another note, I'm suprised that Madina is so bereft of nobles. I would have thought the idea of a realm where Lords pretty much rule themselves would be very appealing to many players (I certainly love the idea although for obvious reason my character dosn't).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:20:32 PM by Meneldur »