Author Topic: Island-wide Roleplay Channel  (Read 6980 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Island-wide Roleplay Channel
« Reply #15: August 21, 2013, 02:12:19 AM »
Which is why you've spent 8 or so years of your life playing and developing Battlemaster, a game with daimon invasions, undead attacks, and magical scrolls?

Gossiping about other nobles is more historically accurate than refraining from such talk.

I think you may have misunderstood what he was saying.

I do not believe Indirik has the slightest problem with fantasy.

I think he has a problem with people making up nasty lies about each other.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 21, 2013, 03:00:01 AM »

I never really meant that in particular, more of a "we can't all meet in region x to RP, so this is the reason our RP across the continent makes sense"...but it's actually not a bad idea.

Humans are inclined to gossip and spread rumors about each other. Having a guild for that (which can generate RP) would be a nice way to monitor/manage that kind of popular (if sometimes out of hand) desire.

As to having relations with reality....the best rumors always do.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

egamma

« Reply #17: August 21, 2013, 05:47:48 AM »

Really? I've seen that happen several times on Dwilight, and it made for some interesting gameplay. For example, the forged letters to the Zuma; Vellos Velax roleplaying that he took a dump on Mendicants bed and then planting a D'Haran flag; Malus Solari convincing the Lurias that D'Hara was plotting to invade.

All that makes for more interaction, which I think is a good thing, right?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:54:19 AM by egamma »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 21, 2013, 05:50:46 AM »
Really? I've seen that happen several times on Dwilight, and it made for some interesting gameplay. For example, the forged letters to the Zuma; Vellos roleplaying that he took a dump on Mendicants bed and then planting a D'Haran flag; Malus Solari convincing the Lurias that D'Hara was plotting to invade.

All that makes for more interaction, which I think is a good thing, right?
Those aren't nasty lies, they are just lies. Lies are fine. Btw, that wasn't Vellos, that was the De Vere family.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

« Reply #19: August 21, 2013, 05:53:51 AM »
Those aren't nasty lies, they are just lies. Lies are fine. Btw, that wasn't Vellos, that was the De Vere family.

Velax, not Vellos. I get them mixed up sometimes.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 22, 2013, 07:47:15 PM »
About the guild: I'm making a guild of taverns. They the noblemen will tell tales, news and gossips (and probably lies)... Of course it will take a lot of time before they extend for the isle.