Author Topic: September 2013 Roadmap  (Read 3030 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
September 2013 Roadmap
« Topic Start: September 03, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »
September 2013 Goals:

To Complete in September:
1. Implement in-game surveys
2. Impelement Realm themes
3. Admin data changes

To Continue:
1. New Player Experience
2. Doctrine conversion - 1543 out of 8543 lines of code have been converted
3. Continue to bring 4 new devs up to speed
4. Decide which island to close
5. Continue to squish the 181 bugs
6. Continue rebalance work

Feel free to post questions and comments.

Thanks,
Scott

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: September 2013 Roadmap
« Reply #1: September 03, 2013, 03:01:39 PM »
What are realm themes?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 03, 2013, 03:14:27 PM »
What are realm themes?

I'm glad you asked ;D

They're another tool to help people decide what realms are best for them. They'll be similar to the "Realm Summary", but completely OOC, very brief, and forbidden from including value judgements. The idea is that they'll give descriptions like "Large realm, semi-autonomous duchies, plenty of intrigue and politics," but emphatically not, "Most fun realm on the continent!" or "Best Viking realm in the game."

They will then appear on the new character creation screen in the list of realms.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 03, 2013, 03:24:02 PM »
I'm glad you asked ;D

They're another tool to help people decide what realms are best for them. They'll be similar to the "Realm Summary", but completely OOC, very brief, and forbidden from including value judgements. The idea is that they'll give descriptions like "Large realm, semi-autonomous duchies, plenty of intrigue and politics," but emphatically not, "Most fun realm on the continent!" or "Best Viking realm in the game."

They will then appear on the new character creation screen in the list of realms.

Sounds like a good idea!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Eirikr

« Reply #4: September 04, 2013, 12:51:10 AM »
I'm glad you asked ;D

Good stuff!

But... there is only one true Viking realm in the game now (and therefore the best)... (actually, given the General Discussion post, nobody else even self-identifies that way, except maybe Caergoth...)

EDIT: Actual question - Will IG surveys be run through the message system (or at least prompted)? If so, is there a redundancy or a recurring message to fill it out? I'm concerned some might see it and decide to do it later... only to find they can't.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:52:58 AM by Eirikr »

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 04, 2013, 01:56:30 PM »
I'm glad you asked ;D

Could we also see this as playing a character and part of a realm already?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 04, 2013, 01:58:16 PM »
Could we also see this as playing a character and part of a realm already?

Once I have the interface for new characters a little more polished, yes, I intend to make it available to everyone to see all the time. I can see absolutely no reason to limit it to people who happen to have a free character slot or a character who's just immigrating to the continent.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 04, 2013, 02:00:26 PM »
Great!  :D
I'm sure having that information available to everyone al the time will work as an incentive.