Author Topic: OOC comments insulting another player  (Read 23907 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: OOC comments insulting another player
« Topic Start: September 05, 2013, 07:22:45 PM »
Then maybe you should have done so privately with him, rather than your passive aggressive "teenager-on-Facebook insulting someone without mentioning them by name" bull!@#$.

lol I'm not that shy, I would have referred by name if it was in any way unclear.

If you're getting constant warnings from the Mods and now Magistrate cases against you, have you ever stopped to think maybe you're the one in the wrong, rather than everyone else? What's that saying? "If everyone you meet is an !@#$%^&, then you're the !@#$%^&."

The first part is (I think) chronologically incorrect; I had my first magistrate case before my first forum warning, or definitely before the more frequent recent ones. Half of my mod points and all my magistrate case were started by the same person, so it's hardly everyone. Besides, only people with titles get attention to their posts without some nice snark.

Someone not having as great a strategic acumen as you might wish is not sufficient justification for out-of-character insults, particularly not snide passive-aggressive ones.

This wasn't the problem at all. If you haven't read Ketchum's post it's a waste of your time to post anything.
The events were
1. terrible command from Ceasar
2. called him out for terrible orders
3. reply from Ceasar in a very tiresome way with both characters
4. sent OOC message 1 with the 3 bullet points, at the same time posting new orders that aren't bad
5. predictably, Ceasar countermands the orders, obviously because he is mad that I called him bad. Obviously this isn't provable (the beloved IC shield) but as you say, he doesn't have strategic acumen and has had no legitimate strategic contribution for the past 6 months, so I really doubt it was conviction in his strategy. I don't care about this retaliation though.
6. second OOC message with final bullet point
7. Eric always reports me lol <3

In fact, there is nothing in this game which is sufficient justification for that. No matter what he did or said, your posts violated the Social Contract.

Yeah that's the problem with this game. People who actually put constructive effort into a realm get obstructed and backstabbed, and there's pretty much no way to stop this IC, and every non-insult OOC question is replied to with 'haha my character is !@#$%^& deal with it'. What can you even do? At some point you insult them OOC and they dick you over with the magistrates. And then you leave the game and leave everyone to their broken realms. Furthermore your absolutist stance is just unproductive. Some of the play in realms borders on griefing, which would go against "fair play", but it's practically impossible to prove, so it gets a free pass.

--

Also can I get comments from people who aren't mods camping this subforum? The reasons why I would like that are pretty much explained by these posts:
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,5032.msg118610.html#msg118610 (dominance of users with titles)
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,4969.msg117198.html#msg117198 (insularity of subforums)

I can understand why people don't come here though. Most of the cases are very petty.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:24:26 PM by Kai »