Author Topic: OOC comments insulting another player  (Read 23926 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: OOC comments insulting another player
« Topic Start: September 05, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »
This wasn't the problem at all. If you haven't read Ketchum's post it's a waste of your time to post anything.

What led to your OOC post is irrelevant. As I said, there is no acceptable justification for insulting another player.

Yeah that's the problem with this game. People who actually put constructive effort into a realm get obstructed and backstabbed, and there's pretty much no way to stop this IC, and every non-insult OOC question is replied to with 'haha my character is !@#$%^& deal with it'. What can you even do? At some point you insult them OOC and they dick you over with the magistrates. And then you leave the game and leave everyone to their broken realms. Furthermore your absolutist stance is just unproductive. Some of the play in realms borders on griefing, which would go against "fair play", but it's practically impossible to prove, so it gets a free pass.

If you think that others are breaking the Social Contract, even with thin evidence, then by all means report it. If there is a character in your realm who is being rude in-character, then get rid of him in-character. If you cannot get rid of him, then change the realm so that you can (replace Judge, change laws, whatever is needed). If you cannot do that, then clearly the realm approves of his rudeness, so it's probably better for you to leave the realm.

But there is no acceptable justification for you resorting to OOC insults, no matter how frustrated you may get.

Also can I get comments from people who aren't mods camping this subforum? The reasons why I would like that are pretty much explained by these posts:
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,5032.msg118610.html#msg118610 (dominance of users with titles)

Do you understand what the "titles" mean? They're purely a method of indicating forum users with differing amounts of total posts. So...yes, there are more posts by people whose "titles" are higher. That's how they get those "titles." And once someone new starts posting more frequently, they, too, will have a "title".

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,4969.msg117198.html#msg117198 (insularity of subforums)

Different people want to read about different things. That's part of the point of a forum over an email list: people who aren't interested in this, that, or the other thing can just not go to those subforums, and be happier and less frustrated for it.

The people who post here are, by and large, the forum users who are interested in participating in BattleMaster's public rules-enforcement mechanism. People who aren't interested...don't post here. Would you rather force everyone to read the Magistrates' subforum, and deal with all the frustration and pettiness that exists here?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan