Author Topic: Enforcing the Selling of Food as Directed by the Banker  (Read 3473 times)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I have a question about regulating the selling of food. I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forum to ask, so apologies in advance if it isn't. Way back when the new trading system was introduced, I feel that I remember Tom saying that he wanted the food produced in a region to be the property of the regional lord, to sell as he wished.

If a region lord refuses to give market access to a banker and also refuses to sell food as directed by the banker, and is then given some form of punishment for disobeying instructions, would the issuing of a punishment go against the IR, the Social Contract, or be against the spirit of the game? 

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Nope. That's a power struggle, not an IR or Social Contract violation.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Ok, thanks for the quick response. Just wanted to check it out.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I have a question about regulating the selling of food. I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forum to ask, so apologies in advance if it isn't. Way back when the new trading system was introduced, I feel that I remember Tom saying that he wanted the food produced in a region to be the property of the regional lord, to sell as he wished.

If a region lord refuses to give market access to a banker and also refuses to sell food as directed by the banker, and is then given some form of punishment for disobeying instructions, would the issuing of a punishment go against the IR, the Social Contract, or be against the spirit of the game?

In my opinion this is one of the reasons to make food the property of the Lords, so as to create an actual platform for them to exercise some power. To many of us think of realms soley in the mould of absolute monarchies. Power struggles between Kings and their lords were common, and depending on the realm and the time period Kings often had to work hard to garner support from their nobles in order to actually wield any real power.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.