Author Topic: OOC comments insulting another player Case  (Read 38500 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: OOC comments insulting another player Case
« Reply #15: September 07, 2013, 11:16:08 PM »

There seem to be a lot of people aggressively going after Kai/Kevin for a so-called "insult" that was actually pretty tame. I wouldn't even call it an insult. It was a criticism of a peer's gameplay. Sure it was OOC, but it was related to the game, not the person. All the bleeding hearts who said he was "belittling" and "insulting" and whatever else they said, where are they when Moderators and Magistrates (the people running this game and this forum) insult and belittle a player by calling him an !@#$%^&? And even worse, because he can't defend himself because they silenced him. I guess I'm the only person to whom this looks like a personal vendetta. It looks like (some) people who hold positions of trust are bringing a trumped up case against someone because they don't like him.

Then maybe you should have done so privately with him, rather than your passive aggressive "teenager-on-Facebook insulting someone without mentioning them by name" bull!@#$.

If you're getting constant warnings from the Mods and now Magistrate cases against you, have you ever stopped to think maybe you're the one in the wrong, rather than everyone else? What's that saying? "If everyone you meet is an !@#$%^&, then you're the !@#$%^&."

In the future, I think I'd prefer to just have them make their case via PM to be reposted at our own discretion, particularly in light of how this one has been going.

In other words, if they've been an !@#$%^& everywhere else, there's absolutely no reason to assume that they won't be the same in a Magistrate case, which we clearly don't need. Leave the mute on, just let us know they've been muted so we can contact them directly to get their side of the story.