Author Topic: OOC comments insulting another player Case  (Read 38224 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: OOC comments insulting another player Case
« Reply #15: September 07, 2013, 11:42:12 PM »
There seem to be a lot of people aggressively going after Kai/Kevin for a so-called "insult" that was actually pretty tame.

And what you should be taking away from many of the posts responding to yours is that we disagree on this point. We think it was not that tame an insult. Furthermore, we know that Kai has a history of being belittling, derogatory, and insulting to other players, OOC.

All the bleeding hearts who said he was "belittling" and "insulting" and whatever else they said, where are they when Moderators and Magistrates (the people running this game and this forum) insult and belittle a player by calling him an !@#$%^&? And even worse, because he can't defend himself because they silenced him. I guess I'm the only person to whom this looks like a personal vendetta. It looks like (some) people who hold positions of trust are bringing a trumped up case against someone because they don't like him.

First of all, if you read the post Geronus made, he wasn't talking directly about Kai. He was talking about future "people who have been an !@#$%^& everywhere else, then had a Magistrates case raised against them."

Second of all, there's a big difference between saying to someone, "You are an !@#$%^&," and describing someone's behaviour as being that of an !@#$%^&. In this case, though perhaps his wording was injudicious, I saw him as using "being an !@#$%^&" as shorthand for "being rude, insulting, demeaning, belittling, and in various other ways making the people around him miserable."

Finally, if you honestly think that Geronus's words rise to the level that deserve some sort of punishment, then report them to the moderators. Or open a Magistrates case against him. Bitching and moaning, whether on the forum, on IRC, in the game, in private emails or forum messages, or anywhere else but in an official report is just pointless whining. If you see anyone, anywhere in the BattleMaster community, doing something that you think is wrong, and you don't bring it to the proper authorities, by the proper channels, you have no right to complain about those authorities doing nothing about that behaviour.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan