Author Topic: OOC comments insulting another player Case  (Read 38691 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: OOC comments insulting another player Case
« Reply #30: September 08, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »

Sure it does. I don't know him either, but yes, he seems like a kid who doesn't play nice with others, based on what little I've seen. I probably wouldn't even chime in on this case, except it seemed like there were several people with positions of authority against one, and the one can't defend himself. Also, I don't know what else he did to piss people off, but I thought the OOC messages specifically for this case were pretty mild...obnoxious and bitchy yes, but not worthy of a federal case IMO. But like I said, I don't know what else he's done.
One thing it seems you haven't been paying attention to, is that he can defend himself. If you read the thread with the actual case, you would have seen:
As Tom was writing the above note, I was in the process of dropping his warning level...
Which has not changed, he still can talk. Kai has been posting, he simply hasn't been on in the last few days. As to the issue of referring to violators that were muted on the forums as acting like an !@#$%^&, I do not approve of it but I am not going to condemn it either at this time.

The moderators made the poor choice, which is certainly partially my fault, of making the rule for not allowing insults and such, "Don't be an !@#$%^&. No insulting or derogatory behavior toward other players or forum users," which implies those whose who break that rule are being an !@#$%^&, which may or may not be true, the issue being leaders give an example and when we implicitly say they are being !@#$%^&s, then members of the forum will see it ok to say those who break that rule are being !@#$%^&s.

Two other things I would like state. One, stating he is being an !@#$%^&, does not mean he is one simply that he is acting like one at the present time, which is certainly what Geronus's post sounds like. Otherwise, he would have just said why let an !@#$%^& post in the Magistrates board and cause more trouble, but instead he said that if they had been an !@#$%^& elsewhere, why let the issue get worse by letting them post again for their Magistrates Case.

I am definitely for the policy because it takes several big issues in a short span of time or issues happening frequently in order to be muted, showing they are having issues following the rules, and Magistrates can become very heated making it even more likely for the player to have issues following the rules. I see nothing wrong with someone who keeps having issues following the rules have to send their defence to the Magistrates via PM who can then decide if it is necessary and/or appropriate to be posted in the thread. They can still defend themselves, but have to do a little bit more work because they keep having issues following the rules.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton