Author Topic: OOC comments insulting another player Case  (Read 38432 times)

egamma

Re: OOC comments insulting another player Case
« Reply #30: September 08, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »
If you're going to have a procedure under the guise of ensuring fairness, you might as well try to make it actually fair.

Magistrate cases are not about fairness. They are about justice in the matter of violations of the Inalienable Rights and the Social contract.

In this case, one side was being argued more than the other, and by some of the same people who are judging the case.

That's how the Magistrates work. In fact, they have a private board that not even I can see where they discuss the case amongst themselves. They are judge, jury, and executioners.

Presumably the Magistrates should at least consider both sides of the argument when making a decision, and they shouldn't be making the complainant's case for him. Whoever submitted the complaint should be the one making the case that he was insulted.

I submitted the case, but I was not the one insulted. I saw my fellow player being insulted OOC, in violation of the Social Contract, and I submitted a Case. The Courthouse Rules clearly state:

You can, and in fact are encouraged to, bring cases even if you are not affected. If you see someone violating the right of another player, do speak up on behalf of that other player. He may not dare to or know how.

So no, I should not be making the case. I submitted the evidence, and it's up to the Magistrates to decide if the evidence proves a violation of the Social Contract or IR's.

And, as for Geronus and whether he insulted Kai or not:
Any complaints about Magistrates or their behavior have to go through e-mail to tom@battlemaster.org and absolutely nowhere else.

Moderators aren't supposed to moderate the magistrates in the Courthouse board.