Author Topic: OOC comments insulting another player Case  (Read 38718 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: OOC comments insulting another player Case
« Reply #30: September 09, 2013, 03:06:25 AM »
Magistrate cases are not about fairness. They are about justice in the matter of violations of the Inalienable Rights and the Social contract.

After this is finished, you'll have explain to me how fairness and justice are mutually exclusive.

That's how the Magistrates work. In fact, they have a private board that not even I can see where they discuss the case amongst themselves. They are judge, jury, and executioners.

Point?

I submitted the case, but I was not the one insulted. I saw my fellow player being insulted OOC, in violation of the Social Contract, and I submitted a Case. The Courthouse Rules clearly state:

So no, I should not be making the case. I submitted the evidence, and it's up to the Magistrates to decide if the evidence proves a violation of the Social Contract or IR's.

You don't have to be the insulted party, but if you're the one making the complaint, you should at least be able to justify your complaint, instead of just kicking it to the Magistrates to look after it for you. It's already well known that the Mods have animosity towards Kai, but if the "insulted player" didn't see fit to make a complaint, and so far hasn't contributed to this discussion, then maybe he wasn't as insulted as you claim he was.

Tom said, "Nobody does anything unless someone calls for help." Well, the insulted player did not call for help. You did, because you saw an opportunity to exploit a provision in the rules to bring a case against someone you dislike.

And, as for Geronus and whether he insulted Kai or not:
Moderators aren't supposed to moderate the magistrates in the Courthouse board.

Point?