Author Topic: OOC comments insulting another player Case  (Read 38484 times)

egamma

Re: OOC comments insulting another player Case
« Reply #60: September 09, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »
That's how the Magistrates work. In fact, they have a private board that not even I can see where they discuss the case amongst themselves. They are judge, jury, and executioners.

Point?
My point being, you don't know that both sides of the case aren't being argued. It could very well be the case that five of the magistrates are vigorously defending Kevin, but that they are going it in the private forum where they are supposed to do such arguing, rather than airing their judicial process in public.

I submitted the case, but I was not the one insulted. I saw my fellow player being insulted OOC, in violation of the Social Contract, and I submitted a Case. The Courthouse Rules clearly state:

So no, I should not be making the case. I submitted the evidence, and it's up to the Magistrates to decide if the evidence proves a violation of the Social Contract or IR's.

You don't have to be the insulted party, but if you're the one making the complaint, you should at least be able to justify your complaint, instead of just kicking it to the Magistrates to look after it for you.

Tom said, "Nobody does anything unless someone calls for help." Well, the insulted player did not call for help. You did, because you saw an opportunity to exploit a provision in the rules to bring a case against someone you dislike.
Look, I didn't even remember that Kai played the Endredgard family. You can believe that or not, but my reporting of his OOC messages had nothing to do with his forum posts. And when players are encouraged to make reports on behalf of other players, that's hardly "exploiting" the rules. If you see your neighbor being robbed, do you call the cops, or do you just say, "well, he can call the police himself if he wants to"?

Its our job as players to report posts; it's the Magistrates job to rule on them. My initial complaint submission provided the OOC messages and which provisions of the Social Contract I believed had been violated; there's nothing I care to add to the case, although when additional context was asked for I provided those posts.

And, as for Geronus and whether he insulted Kai or not:
Moderators aren't supposed to moderate the magistrates in the Courthouse board.

Point?

My point was that when someone asked by Geronus' posting with the word "!@#$%^&" wasn't moderated, I was letting you know that Moderators aren't supposed to moderate the Magistrates.

=====
It comes down to this. Nobody, including Kevin, has provided any evidence at all that I either falsified those OOC messages, or that those OOC messages weren't violations of the Social Contract. And that's all the case is about. Three simple questions: did Kevin write them, and if so, were they violations of the IRs or SC, and if they were, what is the punishment?

All this nonsense about who's out to get who is irrelevant. Those are the only three questions that the Magistrates have to consider.