Author Topic: OOC comments insulting another player Case  (Read 38576 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: OOC comments insulting another player Case
« Reply #60: September 10, 2013, 04:43:04 AM »

A critique would be something along the lines of, you made a mistake in this circumstance because of factors x y z. If I told someone on my football team they were a bad player, apart from being "unhelpful" criticism I would most likely just be told to stop being a jerk. If criticism is insulting or offensive then they should not be able to say it, and should probably think hard about how to improve their communications so that the criticism is received in way that will lead to positive outcomes.

...at which point you would of course accuse them of throwing a temper tantrum. Because that's such a valid critique of their gameplay...

A tantrum? Yes, that's what this appears to be. Without being in that realm, I can't say whether it was helpful or not, nor does it matter. It appears there was a power struggle going on, but again that's really for the players in that realm to worry about, not me. If the other player was offended, he's kept it to himself. If he was a newbie who subsequently quit the game as a result, I might be more inclined to throw the book at Kai. Since the player is a Royal Marshall, I doubt he cried himself to sleep that night. I know that the usual suspects would probably jump in here and say that the player's rank, and whether or not he cried, is irrelevant, so I just saved you the trouble.