Author Topic: OOC comments insulting another player Case  (Read 38217 times)

egamma

Re: OOC comments insulting another player Case
« Reply #75: September 11, 2013, 06:24:53 AM »
If he was a newbie who subsequently quit the game as a result, I might be more inclined to throw the book at Kai.

Sorry, but that's not the right way to think about it. A violation is a violation is a violation, regardless of what the reaction (or non-reaction) of the insulted person might me.

Hypothetical: Let's say Bob smashes Joe's window. Is the degree of punishment that Bob deserves dependent on whether Joe decides to move or not? No, the degree of punishment (throwing the book) depends entirely on the offense, and not on the reaction of the victim.

Before I say anything else, I want to thank Buffalkill for holding in there with his thoughts. Though it may be hard to tell, I'm detecting genuine concern, not stubbornness. (Sorry, I didn't know how to say that in a more polite way.) I'm sure it's taking a massive amount of patience and time. He is raising good points, but there are also good counters. He doesn't have to defend or answer anything in this thread, but he is taking time to do so. This deserves recognition, whether or not you agree with him.

And I've got to agree with Eirikr here--I may not agree with you on most of these points, but it has been a polite and intellectual conversation, and although I hope I don't ever get a case brought against me, but if I do, I hope you'll defend me as well as you've defended Kai.  :D