Author Topic: One person protesting?  (Read 1105 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
One person protesting?
« Topic Start: September 04, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
If there is just one person sitting protesting a government member, day after day, but no one else protests, will it affect said government member?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: One person protesting?
« Reply #1: September 04, 2013, 08:40:52 PM »
That depends on how many people are in the realm.

If it's more than a handful, then no.

To go a level deeper than your actual question: Protests made by a single character over time are not cumulative. If Kepler and only Kepler protests publicly every day for a week, you will see the same effects each day of that week. However, the effects do decay if not renewed—so if he only protests on Monday, you might see effects on Monday, but then none on subsequent days as the memory of the protest fades.

Hope that makes sense :)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: One person protesting?
« Reply #2: September 04, 2013, 08:45:23 PM »
That depends on how many people are in the realm.

If it's more than a handful, then no.

To go a level deeper than your actual question: Protests made by a single character over time are not cumulative. If Kepler and only Kepler protests publicly every day for a week, you will see the same effects each day of that week. However, the effects do decay if not renewed—so if he only protests on Monday, you might see effects on Monday, but then none on subsequent days as the memory of the protest fades.

Hope that makes sense :)

Yep, it does. Thank you :)

A person is intent on playing his character-with-a-grievance, so I just wanted to know what effect it might have.