Author Topic: Changing a Realm's Short Name  (Read 1855 times)

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
Changing a Realm's Short Name
« Topic Start: September 05, 2013, 01:11:16 AM »
I noticed that it appears the short name of a realm cannot be changed from the Government Page in Politics. Who would I have to contact to name the short name, if the short name is wrong? (ie, somebody originally made the short name of the realm in form of the formal name of the realm.) For instance, say the realm is trying to reform from a Republic to a Monarchy, but the short name includes in it the "Wonderful Republic of Guam" - so any change to the long name would be the "Kingdom of the Wonderful Republic of Guam."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Changing a Realm's Short Name
« Reply #1: September 05, 2013, 01:15:56 AM »
The short name of the realm is typically never changed. Only Tom and Tim can do it. And you'd better have a damn good reason to do it. Other than obvious (and comical!) typos, I've only seen it done twice.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #2: September 05, 2013, 01:21:24 AM »
Well, given that the government type should probably never be mentioned in a short name, I'd think that was a good reason on its own.

egamma

« Reply #3: September 05, 2013, 02:22:04 PM »
Well, given that the government type should probably never be mentioned in a short name, I'd think that was a good reason on its own.

What would the short name of the "Holy Roman Empire" be?  :o

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 05, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »
What would the short name of the "Holy Roman Empire" be?  :o

Germany.  ;D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 05, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »
I believe Tim mentioned that there is a filter to disallow using government styles in the realm name. i.e. You aren't supposed to be able to name your realm "Kepler Republic". The Farronite Republic slipped through because the ruler who formed the realm typo'd the name. Tim fixed it for them.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 05, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »
The Kinkdom of Keplerstan!
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words