Author Topic: Gold transfer in the field  (Read 3701 times)

egamma

Gold transfer in the field
« Topic Start: May 07, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »
I have discovered a workaround for our current inability to transfer gold from one noble to another. ANY noble, regardless of realm, in the same region, with no bankers fee or guild needed. I'm not sure if this is ethical or whatever, so I thought I'd post it here.

1. Noble in need of gold has a unique item. Let's call him "needy".
2. Needy offers the item to the wealthy noble (Let's call him "rich") for whatever amount of gold he needs, possibly plus one gold.
3. Rich accepts, Needy gets the gold he needs to pay his men or perform repairs.
4. Rich can then sell the item back to Needy for 1 gold.
5. Needy now has his gold AND his item.

There are several possible variations. For one, if Rich has both the gold and the unique to begin, as long as needy has 1 gold to begin, he can buy the unique, then turn around and sell it back. An entire army could be paid by a single noble who joins them in the field.

For another, Needy can 'pawn' the item, and pay back Rich when they return to their home realm.

So...are all three of these scenarios ethical? Or just the last one?

And...has anyone else thought of this?

True, there has to be some trust involved, but if you're paying off a spy, then you're basically trusting them to give you good info, right? And if the unique you're using for all this is only a +1 item, then it's not particularly valuable, and you may be willing to part with it for good in order to keep your unit from deserting.