Author Topic: Character Creation  (Read 2725 times)

Rytsarev

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Character Creation
« Topic Start: September 25, 2013, 01:07:24 AM »
Hi, I just started playing. I created an account, made my family name, and am ready to make a character but I see no link in the player page to create one. I checked out the wiki and looked over the different creation screens, but my "Base Family" screen is missing the part that says "You do not have any characters at the moment" and the links below it to create a character.

EDIT: Perhaps if someone just posted the character creation page's URL I could access it directly despite the fact that there are no links?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:28:09 AM by rytsarev »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Character Creation
« Reply #1: September 25, 2013, 01:32:23 AM »
Here is the character creation link.

I'm not sure what's causing this, but you're the second person who's mentioned a problem like it.

I will try to look into this.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Rytsarev

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 25, 2013, 06:58:43 AM »
Thanks!

I've now noticed that I can't actually log into my specific characters, since the links to them don't show up in the account page? I think? Any chance there's some sort of direct link to fix this too? I imagine this one might be a bit more complicated.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: September 25, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »
I've now noticed that I can't actually log into my specific characters, since the links to them don't show up in the account page? I think? Any chance there's some sort of direct link to fix this too? I imagine this one might be a bit more complicated.

Can you post a screenshot or - even better - save the page and send the resulting file to Tim or me in private mail?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 25, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »
Thanks, rytsarev. With the file you provided, I was able to fix the issue for you and any other new players suffering it.

Please verify that it is working correctly for you now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Rytsarev

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 25, 2013, 03:58:51 PM »
Verified! It works perfectly now.

Thanks so much!

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 25, 2013, 05:07:16 PM »
Hi, I just started playing. I created an account, made my family name, and am ready to make a character but I see no link in the player page to create one. I checked out the wiki and looked over the different creation screens, but my "Base Family" screen is missing the part that says "You do not have any characters at the moment" and the links below it to create a character.

EDIT: Perhaps if someone just posted the character creation page's URL I could access it directly despite the fact that there are no links?

Welcome to the game :)

JohnSnow

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 12, 2013, 05:01:45 AM »
I am having the same problem.  I created a character and there is no place to activate that family.  Not a list of retired siblings and news.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 12, 2013, 05:30:09 AM »
I am having the same problem.  I created a character and there is no place to activate that family.  Not a list of retired siblings and news.

Do you see a message in blue exhorting you to take a survey?
Timothy Collett

JohnSnow

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 12, 2013, 06:04:02 AM »
Yes