Author Topic: Sending Gold Realm to Realm  (Read 3534 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Sending Gold Realm to Realm
« Topic Start: September 07, 2013, 04:40:49 AM »

What is the easiest way to send gold from a character in one realm to a character in another realm? Can my character go to a bank and send gold to anyone, or does he have to use another method: Guild? Through the rulers? Person to person (can we do that?)
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
Re: Sending Gold Realm to Realm
« Reply #1: September 07, 2013, 05:05:12 AM »
I think you have to go the realm Capital of the person who you are passing it to.
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 07, 2013, 05:21:08 AM »
I acted as a courier once for Tara. I went to the other realm city deposited gold at bank. Not sure who got it, I think it went to the crown but I can't remember.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 07, 2013, 05:26:07 AM »
I acted as a courier once for Tara. I went to the other realm city deposited gold at bank. Not sure who got it, I think it went to the crown but I can't remember.
To be specific, I am pretty sure you have to go to the capital.

"In the central bank of Keplerstan, you can turn your gold coins into bonds transferable to any noble in their realm.
There is a flat 50 gold fee for this transaction, and you have to transfer at least 100 gold."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:14:07 AM by Jaron »
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 08, 2013, 05:53:35 PM »
Yes, you have to go to the capital of the realm the noble you want to send gold to is in. Once in their capital, you can choose to send that gold to any noble of that realm.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 05, 2013, 05:33:59 PM »

My character went to the capital of the other realm but was denied access (saying that the bank was not a capital and that I couldnt use it because I was a foreigner), bug?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 05, 2013, 05:58:52 PM »
My character went to the capital of the other realm but was denied access (saying that the bank was not a capital and that I couldnt use it because I was a foreigner), bug?

Can you give more details?

Specifically, the region and realms involved, which character, and the exact (copy & paste) text of the error message?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 11, 2013, 09:45:55 PM »

This is the text I see when I am in Qubel Lighthouse (the capital of D'Hara, playing as my character Bowie Ironsides):

Bank visit - you are not in a city or the capital of your realm, where banks accepting your bonds would be.

I thought that because it was a stronghold that it would not have bank access (even though it is a capital) and so I went to Port Raviel, but was restricted there too.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 11, 2013, 09:49:33 PM »
Without even taking a look at the code, I think it might have something to do with the capital being a stronghold. My other character was recently using the bank in another realm's capital city. Unless it's a testing/stable code difference (my character was on stable island).

Port Raviel wouldn't work because its not the capital.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 11, 2013, 10:38:29 PM »
Strongholds that are also capitals, have banks.

If you are in another realm's capital and you cannot send gold to someone in that realm, then it's a bug. (Assuming your character has the gold, not bonds, in hand.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 17, 2013, 05:17:26 PM »
Indirik, I didn't mean that it wasn't a bug, but that the fact its a stronghold might be causing the bug because the code might be checking for whether it was a city. It turns out I was right. It's definitely a bug whether it had anything to do with strongholds or not.

BTW, Bowie, it would be appreciated in the future if when asking/reporting about a bug, you included what page you were on. I thought it was the banking page itself, which works, but then I realized the error text was slightly different and the issue was the link appearing on the Actions page. This should be fixed, pushed, and go live in the near future (within a day or two for my part; going live will depend on Tim's timing).

Oh and Bowie/Moderators, this should be in the Helpline forum. I had the hardest time finding this thread again when it wasn't in the correct subboard.