Author Topic: Discussion for FB News  (Read 4374 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Discussion for FB News
« Topic Start: September 11, 2013, 03:38:15 PM »
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,5111.0.html

Colonies:
A rebellion succeeded in Oritolon. Gellin Gellander, Duke/Margrave of Oritolon City was then ordered to resign his position. Instead, he switched the allegiance of his city to Lukon, who Oritolon has been at war with for some time.

That is so funny.  ;D How did he manage it though? Doesn't he have to be in Lukon to do that?

PS: Played like a boss.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion for FB News
« Reply #1: September 11, 2013, 03:40:19 PM »
Can you even switch the capital's allegiance? Oritolon is bat!@#$ crazy now.
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 11, 2013, 03:45:16 PM »
Can you even switch the capital's allegiance? Oritolon is bat!@#$ crazy now.

That's actually a really good point...some parts still seem to be broken with the new system ???

From an outsider's viewpoint, they really deserved that though :P

Duke of Oritolon: I don' think so! Ain't nobody gonna tell me to step down! Ha! Take that suckers!

Hopefully he has lots of militia. Almost considering pausing a character to go witness what is going on first-hand. Given that I have never even seen the map before, it looks really interesting!

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 11, 2013, 03:50:45 PM »
That's actually a really good point...some parts still seem to be broken with the new system ???

The capital Duchy has always been allowed to switch allegiance. It is, however, not allowed to secede.

The restriction about switching allegiance is that the last city of a realm is not allowed to switch. If there is still a city in Oritolon, it's a legit move.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 11, 2013, 03:55:07 PM »
The capital Duchy has always been allowed to switch allegiance. It is, however, not allowed to secede.

The restriction about switching allegiance is that the last city of a realm is not allowed to switch. If there is still a city in Oritolon, it's a legit move.

Ah, ok thanks! Good thing to know for when I am ruling my super evil empire and want to piss of the Duke of the capital  8) I mean...just generally good to know  :o

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 11, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »
The previous ruler is now rogue, the banker switched over to Lukon due to the allegiance switch.
And also the rebellion succeeded cause Lukon and OT is occupying Oritolon city and destroyed the loyalist forces.
But this not the end, things are way way more interesting than this  ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:08:18 PM by Jaron »
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #6: September 12, 2013, 12:13:35 PM »
Weren't the local boards just recently locked because people kept talking about recent events in them?

Jaden

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 12, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »
Well, i was only trying to provide some extra info and context on the rebellion, and I made sure only to include public info.
I will remove it if its inappropriate.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #8: September 12, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »
Weren't the local boards just recently locked because people kept talking about recent events in them?

What is wrong with everyone in this game? It has always had its own rumour mill, but most of the time people at least bothered to do a quick check.

There was this massive topic which shows why the locals are locked. Even a quick look should make it obvious that "talking about recent events" was none of the reasons mentioned.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 12, 2013, 03:24:42 PM »
What is wrong with everyone in this game? It has always had its own rumour mill, but most of the time people at least bothered to do a quick check.

There was this massive topic which shows why the locals are locked. Even a quick look should make it obvious that "talking about recent events" was none of the reasons mentioned.

Actually, I don't remember whether it was specifically in that thread, but there was certainly an impression that, at least among some people, talking about recent (ie, current, ongoing) events was considered to be the cause of much of the contention in the locals.

And as you say, that thread is massive. If you don't want people to get mistaken impressions about why the Locals board was closed, then don't demand that they read that monstrosity. Make one clear, concise post explaining all your reasons for locking them, and then lock it so it doesn't get swamped in more discussion and confusion.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 13, 2013, 02:30:54 AM »
I thought one of the reasons was how talking about ingame events was "taking away from ingame communications"

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 13, 2013, 02:42:30 AM »
I thought one of the reasons was how talking about ingame events was "taking away from ingame communications"
Good point there. Changing city allegiance by Gellin already been done. Rebellion news as raised by Jaron already have the result(Successful). It already has the ingame communications wise, I am part of it. I can say that it is not taking away from ingame communications. Just because not many people aware or part of it, does not mean there is no planning or communication. Ops, I say too much already ;D

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,5111.0.html

That is so funny.  ;D How did he manage it though? Doesn't he have to be in Lukon to do that?

PS: Played like a boss.
He was raiding Lukon land. Unfortunately he the boss was banned from Lukon after that :P
The more funnier part is having one noble who rather fight Lukon to the death due to his family member death at Lukon hand, that noble also changed to Lukon. I am sure that particular noble is pretty confused right now as he joined Gellin to change to Lukon ::)

The previous ruler is now rogue, the banker switched over to Lukon due to the allegiance switch.
And also the rebellion succeeded cause Lukon and OT is occupying Oritolon city and destroyed the loyalist forces.
But this not the end, things are way way more interesting than this  ;)
That is a surprise even to me the way the rebellion succeeded. It seems every time we thought we figure out how the game particular function is working, the game has something surprise to throw at us 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 13, 2013, 05:37:53 AM »
The funny part? The rebel leader asked him to resign due to the demands of Lukon. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.