Author Topic: Has there been a Priest travel change??  (Read 3725 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Has there been a Priest travel change??
« Topic Start: May 01, 2011, 11:41:19 AM »
Has there been a recent change to the code for the priest travels on Dwilight? Whenever I used to travel, if the time needed was over 16 hours, it would say something like "More than 16 hours".

Recently however (within the last day or two) I can see exactly how long it will take. Which is all good and well and an improvement. However, when I started traveling to a region that should take 23 hours to reach (Maeotis to Rettlewood), it took only 16 ie: I got there instantly instead of needing another 7 hours of waiting.

While I certainly do love this, it does seem rather odd...

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Has there been a Priest travel change??
« Reply #1: May 01, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »
I don't get this:

You are currently between Mimer (City, Corsanctum) and Port Nebel (City, D'Hara).
You should arrive there in about 21 hours.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 01, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
I don't get this:

You are currently between Mimer (City, Corsanctum) and Port Nebel (City, D'Hara).
You should arrive there in about 21 hours.

Perhaps if there has been a change, it only affects land travel?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 01, 2011, 02:46:41 PM »
I believe there has indeed been a change, to stop Priests from getting next to stuck in areas with 16+ travel times. I do not know the details of it though. Perhaps you will not recover an hour the next 7 times? But that's just plain guessing, I'm sure someone knows how it works.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 01, 2011, 04:15:06 PM »
For routes that take longer than 16 hours, priests and adventurers have a chance of finding a route that takes only 16 hours (a greater chance for shorter routes, obviously).  If they fail to do so, they will travel as normal along the rest of the route.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 01, 2011, 04:52:28 PM »
For routes that take longer than 16 hours, priests and adventurers have a chance of finding a route that takes only 16 hours (a greater chance for shorter routes, obviously).  If they fail to do so, they will travel as normal along the rest of the route.

Sweet!
Thanks for clearing that up :)