Author Topic: cardhunter.com  (Read 2855 times)

egamma

cardhunter.com
« Topic Start: September 14, 2013, 10:42:05 PM »
www.cardhunter.com

Penny Arcade report

I'm in queue to get into the game right now, I haven't played yet. 30 minute wait to play might mean that it's a good game, or maybe the PA report spiked the traffic. I'll try to post here again.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: cardhunter.com
« Reply #1: September 15, 2013, 02:29:26 AM »
Its okay, I've played since alpha. To be honest it wasn't quite what I was hoping for but still a rather good game.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 15, 2013, 07:39:48 PM »
As an Estiah player, I've got immense love for roleplaying TCGs. I'll definitely give it a try! :D
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

egamma

« Reply #3: September 15, 2013, 07:58:31 PM »
Update: I'm not a big fan of any game that requires me to spend money to be good at it, but I can definitely see the appeal of Magic and CCG's (collectible card games) after playing Card Hunter. It's a "Freemium" game but you're not disadvantaged much if you only want to play the free content.

It's pretty fun, I spent several hours playing yesterday. If you have some time to burn and you like strategic grid-games, and/or CCG's, and/or Dungeons & Dragons, then you should give it a shot.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: September 16, 2013, 10:15:10 AM »
I've been playing a bit (level 6 now) and I quite like it. I greatly love the no-nonsense approach where they focus on the game and keep the graphics and animations, etc. simple. Simple, but nicely done.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 07, 2014, 01:51:06 AM »
Good game. I just tried it and it was fun. At level 2 now. HP quite low, aiming to pump up the stats :D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: February 07, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »
Old topic. :-)

Haven't been playing for a long time now, it kind of lost me somewhere near the end because there's nothing new after a while and some of the high-level challenges are just ridiculously difficult, to the point where you can restart if you make one mistake.