Author Topic: Who would you cast to play your character(s)?  (Read 6531 times)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Who would you cast to play your character(s)?
« Reply #15: September 10, 2013, 08:39:27 AM »
I'm not sure about this, actually- I think Craig could play a very dark persona if given the chance. And Butler's role in 300 was certainly intense, but I wouldn't call it "dark". Indeed, the character Leonidas spent most of the movie in a sort-of state of "battle joy"; you really sensed that the character was happy, despite his circumstances, because he was exactly where he belonged.

When I think of Atanamir, I get a sense of a joyless, bottomless, almost Alexandrian ambition- not megalomania, but a strong belief that he can create a better world with his bare hands. Rather the opposite of Leonidas' simple warrior-king defending to the death his home and people.

I meant actually the hair and body type.
And I think having 1 million Persians invading Greece is similar to the gangbang of Perdan by 3, almost 4 realms.  ;)
Besides, Perdan is like Sparta a warrior realm.
So in character yeah somewhere inbetween Alexander and Leonidas - but definately not Colin Farrell in the appearance! :D

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 10, 2013, 04:53:21 PM »
I picture Enoch as a scrawny young William Dafoe, Emeric as a crazy teenage Billy Zane, and Eoric as the blandest goody-goody Tom Hanks you can imagine.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Bendix

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 11, 2013, 08:10:24 AM »
I meant actually the hair and body type.
And I think having 1 million Persians invading Greece is similar to the gangbang of Perdan by 3, almost 4 realms.  ;)
Besides, Perdan is like Sparta a warrior realm.
So in character yeah somewhere inbetween Alexander and Leonidas - but definately not Colin Farrell in the appearance! :D

Oh god that's right! Colin Farrell played Alexander of Macedon and it was terrible! Agh.

Anyway, I was talking more about personality than appearance or circumstances. Atanamir kind of has an icy, coldly calculating personality, and somehow I don't imagine Gerard Butler pulling that off. Maybe Daniel Day-Lewis!

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 11, 2013, 05:56:15 PM »

My answer's a bit vague, I guess because he's young and hasn't fully figured out "who" he is yet.

It changes depending on my mood and the tone of what I'm writing. When he's condescending, he sounds like the lord from Braveheart that killed Wallace's wife. When he's quixotic, he sounds like Joaquim Phoenix in Gladiator. When he's trying to win over an audience he sounds like Robert the Bruce from Braveheart. Sometimes he sounds like Inigo Montoya from Princess Bride, or Arthur, King of the Britons from Holy Grail. The last letter he wrote was to an adventurer and was in the voice of Jaffar from Aladdin (oddly). His butler sounds like Hedley Lamarr in Blazing Saddles, and his unit captain was just some mix of Cockney and Irish, but he's dead now.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 13, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »
Jonsu - Carice van Houten.

Alitoth - Mark Strong

Magnus - Chris Hernsworth

Skarn - Tom Hiddleston

Raziel - a young Liam Neeson.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 14, 2013, 03:55:56 AM »
Ismail: Jeff Goldblum

Maya: Mila Kunis

Cicero: Aaron Paul

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #21: September 14, 2013, 04:31:38 AM »
Eddie Redmayne

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 14, 2013, 02:10:24 PM »

Eirikr

« Reply #23: September 16, 2013, 06:55:09 AM »
Ravendon - Sean Connery: Gruff, but refined at the same time.
Maduin - Jeff Bridges: Loose, easygoing... but asked to play a Viking.
Lodu  - Joan Allen (Bourne series, Pam Landy): Uptight and serious.
Orado (my advy) - Cary Grant: Smooth, but a little goofy.

Kuvio - Clint Eastwood: Just business...

Admittedly, I'm terrible with actors. Also... I totally need a Peter Sellers character.